Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Dakota Vying For The Capitol of Dumbfuckistan?
South Dakota Vying For The Capitol of Dumbfuckistan?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/south...te-change/

Quote:South Dakota bill would allow teachers to question evolution and climate change
RE: South Dakota Vying For The Capitol of Dumbfuckistan?
By all means, question them. But I am assuming that by "question them" what they really mean is "teach woo in its place."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 29, 2015 at 3:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/south...te-change/

Quote:South Dakota bill would allow teachers to question evolution and climate change

UNBELIEVABLE. Clap
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
The only sensible way to question evolution is to ask: 'How stupid do people have to be not to grasp and accept this basic fact of science?'

The only question to ask regarding climate change is, 'Where should I buy property, so that my grandchildren will have the best chance of escaping the coastal inundation and loss of arable land?'

But I suspect the bill doesn't want these to be the questions asked.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The religious right is like a dog on a diet of horse shit and milk of magnesia. You clean up one mess and before the shit stain has even faded, here comes another steaming pile.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Read - Bill would allow teachers to be anti-teaching and still get paid for it
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Let's just hope they don't get to question the laws of physics with the next bill.
Might as well pass a bill allowing teachers to do all the other things they are already legally allowed to do.

Ladies and germs, your party of Small Government™!
South Dakota? I propose teaching this as the other side in state geography:

[Image: backside-mt.-rushmore2-300x204.jpg]
*Clears throat* As someone who is, in fact, currently a student, I would like to verify the fact that some teachers in my school question all sorts of things, yet do not question their faith.
Gone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Korea executed 5 security officials, South Korea says KUSA 32 5218 March 2, 2017 at 7:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Fuck the South Minimalist 6 823 March 31, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Thank You, South Africa, but Minimalist 5 1249 November 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Bernie Wows the South West Minimalist 10 2881 July 22, 2015 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Always the South! Minimalist 10 1976 April 9, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Lek
  The South. Minimalist 5 1608 September 3, 2013 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Europes North-South divide. Something completely different 0 707 June 28, 2013 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  North Dakota Senate Passes ‘Personhood’ Amendment, Forgets Women Are People Mystical 20 8773 March 25, 2013 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  "Corrective" rape on the rise in South Africa Something completely different 9 4681 November 15, 2012 at 6:31 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  Creationists thwarted in South Korea Cyberman 8 2233 September 7, 2012 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Napoléon