Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians Unite
Christians Unite
I've recently noticed a trend on this forum. On any given thread where a christian feels he/she needs to make a point, very rarely do any of the other theists join in. They tend to let one take the lead and instead concentrate elsewhere.

On the other hand, the atheist crowd mix in most threads with usually the same agreement on points.

I think this is because they can never agree amongst themselves on even simple interpretation of scripture let alone any other tenets of their religion. This is blatantly obvious on the christian forum site that I peer into on occasion - the arguments around the bible there make your eyes water sometimes. And that's a place where atheists are largely refused entry to stir them up. Before I got banned, I asked some questions about Genesis and the arguments amongst themselves were a sight to behold.

I suppose my point is, is it should be obvious then, that simple deductive reasoning would infer that the atheist view (on theological matters at least) is correct just by the fact that it is agreed on by the majority. When GC puts his opinion forward, it's just that - his opinion. I've rarely seen drippy (or prof or the other new theists) come to his defense or vice versa.

The fact that we will never see them unite in their beliefs says it all for me. I'd love to see them come together and argue amongst themselves for once, it would be excellent entertainment. Because, sure as shit, they will never agree with someone elses opinion regardless the topic.
RE: Christians Unite
(March 8, 2015 at 6:38 am)TubbyTubby Wrote: I suppose my point is, is it should be obvious then, that simple deductive reasoning would infer that the atheist view (on theological matters at least) is correct just by the fact that it is agreed on by the majority.

As far as all the claims are equally unbelievable and unsubstantiated.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
As the saying goes, getting theists to agree on theological points is about as likely of success as is herding cats.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I want to watch them argue which bits of the bible are metaphorical.
You are partially correct Tubby.
On minor issues where (for example) I think Drich or someone else is off,
I respect him/ them enough to keep out of it.
I suspect only mature Christians have the stamina to stay in AF in the first place, while on Christian forums,
(the only 3 of them I have ever been on are Rapture related and not typical) you have a broad spectrum, from babies to old timers.
One other consideration:
Our individual growth is TOTALLY voluntary, just as yours is.
Some are as stubborn as a jackass (I am thinking of one in particular- nobody here) and the best thing for her would be a trip to the woodshed.
We seem to get a lot of leeway from on High.
For the Donkey I mentioned, I gave her correction (as per the handbook) privately, which she rejected by deception.
It is too bad that the most brilliant among us are also the most deviantly adept.
I departed company from the group she leads, not wanting to lend my presence as an imprimatur to her talk.

Lastly, it is good form, I think, to let the one who initially responds to questions or challenges to carry the ball forward.
Plus, we may well learn something we lacked.
With 40,000 schisms, just in Christianity, you're not going to see much agreement on anything.

Despite His claim to the contrary, God did author confusion, and quite a bit of it. 40,000 schisms worth.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The one time they do come together is in defence of something disgusting that a prominent christian has done.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I would have more respect for the theists on this site if they occasionally disagreed with one another. Probably the real reason why they avoid certain topics is because it would hurt their so called witness to us heathens to disagree openly.

Back when I still believed in god, I used to hang out on a forum with posters from a wide range of backgrounds. The topic turned to one in which I just happened to agree with the nonChristians. Another Christian kept hammering away at a point and the other Christians on that forum either quietly left or reiterated his words...except for me. I got a pm from him explaining that I was hurting his witness to the nonChristians and that I should just either be quiet or go along with him. Christians, he wrote, should be united so they can win others to Christ.
"Witness".... heh.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
witless . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7811 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31250 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51173 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15807 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9946 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris