Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freaking the Eff Out
Freaking the Eff Out
Woke up to Tanner chewing on a mouse trap with Bromethalin in it.

He had just finished the poison. I am such a fucking moron for leaving it on the ground in my closet where he could get to it.

I rushed him to the vet emergency room where they looked up the toxicity, and it seems to be well below the dose for his size that should cause any major issues. They gave me some activated charcoal and told me to watch for paralytic syndrome in his hind quarters.

We have two weeks until we're out of the woods. I am so fucking stupid.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Freaking the Eff Out
Oh shit. I'm so sorry Steel Undecided how is he doing?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Shit happens, and you're only human. At least next time you'll have remembered, and maybe thanks to that avoid a more serious situation.

Have a truck load of cyber hugs *hug*
No, by all means, be hard on yourself. I hope Tanner makes a full recovery, but you're correct - leaving rodent bait where he could get at it is completely fucking stupid.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 22, 2015 at 7:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, by all means, be hard on yourself.  I hope Tanner makes a full recovery, but you're correct - leaving rodent bait where he could get at it is completely fucking stupid.

Boru

Wow, way to be an asshole man.
Would you rather I said something like, 'It is perfectly smart and reasonable to leave deadly poison were pets or children could get at it?' Remember, Steel himself admitted to doing something stupid. With good reason - it was a stupid thing to do.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This sucks, man. But hey, like Vic said, if it's nothing serious then you'll be more considerate in the future.

Hugs to you and Tanner! Heart
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Good luck Steel. Some don't like cats, but they're still the best defense (offense?) against rodents. The upside is that Tanner won't get ill if he decides to chew the new weapon.
Oh that's so sad, poor Tanner Sad My best wishes to him and you, I hope he pulls through with full strength Heart
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Aw, shit man. I'm sure he'll be alright, Steel. I know I've been in your shoes before. The only thing you can do is be happy that it wasn't so major to be too late to apply the lesson to the future. I was a 20 year old dad before; I'll leave it at that. Lol
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 22, 2015 at 7:38 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Would you rather I said something like, 'It is perfectly smart and reasonable to leave deadly poison were pets or children could get at it?' Remember, Steel himself admitted to doing something stupid. With good reason - it was a stupid thing to do.

Boru

No, but some things you just don't say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gents. Yall got too many freaking stickies! Violet 28 5548 February 7, 2017 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Tongue Freaking People Out My imaginary friend is GOD 28 3531 March 15, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s