Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Jesus Was Dumb As A Fucking Post, Too?
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/rick-per...ke-christ/

Quote:Rick Perry just said he’s like Jesus — here are 7 ways he’s nothing like Christ
What a terrible way to describe your so-called god.
RE: So Jesus Was Dumb As A Fucking Post, Too?
He got mad at a fig tree for not bearing fruit out of season. For someone who knows everything, he sure is a dumb fucker.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 31, 2015 at 2:55 pm)robvalue Wrote: He got mad at a fig tree for not bearing fruit out of season. For someone who knows everything, he sure is a dumb fucker.

He also begged for himself to be delivered from the suffering he was going to put himself through, told everyone he came divide people and that he didn’t come to bring peace, he thought he was the son of man and believing in him would give them eternal peace, he lied about praying for things in his name, and told his followers that they could drink poison and be unharmed.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Does this mean we get to crucify Perry?
(August 31, 2015 at 4:56 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Does this mean we get to crucify Perry?

The fucker would just come back in three days.
(August 31, 2015 at 7:23 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(August 31, 2015 at 4:56 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Does this mean we get to crucify Perry?

The fucker would just come back in three days.

I say we should try it and see.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(August 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/rick-per...ke-christ/

Quote:Rick Perry just said he’s like Jesus — here are 7 ways he’s nothing like Christ
What a terrible way to describe your so-called god.

He is trying to compliment his God.
(August 31, 2015 at 2:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: What a terrible way to describe your so-called god.

Seems like a clear cut insult to me. And maybe a case for sectioning, because of god complexes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Hey, whatever you think of Rick Perry, he can undoubtedly recite the alphabet, if in a sing song voice, and I am even willing to grant that he may read at the 2nd grade level after putting on his new contraception glasses, and that's likely a lot more than Jesus ever managed. So when he says he is like Jesus, he, such as he is, is demeaning himself and paying his god an undeserved compliment.
It's easy to say "I'm like Jesus". Even when you aren't. Because many religious people (not all, but many) have their brains switched off. All it takes is someone to make a claim, and they listen. They've been indoctrinated to think this way. They don't question the bible, and they don't question when people make claims about their faith. Take for example Ken Blackwell claiming to be Christian, and then cutting food stamps. Blackwell said there's <b>nothing</b> more Christian than cutting food stamps and getting them off dependency. Now, some churches to their credit took a stand against what he said. Like most people, they must have missed the part in the bible where Jesus said "Give them bread? What, do you want to make them dependent? I'm not giving them bread. I was hungry, so I went out and got a job and got my own food so everyone else should do the same "

It's easy to call anything "christian". You don't even need support for it in the bible. You just need to claim it's a Christian Thing to do. And some Christians will eat it up. Especially if it fits their political views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1163 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fucking Cops: Volume II Minimalist 2600 248647 June 24, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Ted Cruz, bottom dumb..... Brian37 6 939 August 1, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4053 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Does the media give too Trump too much attention GODZILLA 9 1320 October 21, 2018 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Jade-Green Stone
  Too bad we can't make a pilgrimage from 'Murica Foxaèr 8 1069 September 9, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: brewer
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1855 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 575 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 669 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Us Too, Shitstain. Minimalist 7 921 June 4, 2018 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Chad32