Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello fellow nontheists
Hello fellow nontheists
Hello. I'm not too good at introductions so here's the basics-

I'm a female in my late 20's and a long time atheist and ardent realist. I live a loosely minimalistic lifestyle (don't subscribe to the "100 items or less" idealism but don't like more than I need around either). I am a long time vegan. I am a highly visual creative type who also enjoys science and philosophy. I appreciate intelligent discussions with intelligent people. 

My parents paid a whole lot of $$$ to send me to private Catholic school growing up, but I started questioning religion about the age I started questioning santa and the easter bunny. Lost all faith after a particularly traumatic event when I was 11. I do not 100% discredit the concept of a higher power but find the probability of the traditional definition of a "god" or "gods" so minute I don't buy into it for all intents and purposes. Looking forward to a forum of like minded people.
RE: Hello fellow nontheists
Greetings, M-G.  Welcome aboard.

There's nothing better than being an ex-catholic.
Welcome aboard.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hel-loooo MentalGiant. Welcome

Quote:I live a loosely minimalistic lifestyle (don't subscribe to the "100 items or less" idealism but don't like more than I need around either).
Same.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hello.

What are your thoughts on the Great and Mighty Sean Bean?
(September 14, 2015 at 10:17 pm)MentalGiant Wrote: Hello. I'm not too good at introductions so here's the basics-

I'm a female in my late 20's and a long time atheist and ardent realist. I live a loosely minimalistic lifestyle (don't subscribe to the "100 items or less" idealism but don't like more than I need around either). I am a long time vegan. I am a highly visual creative type who also enjoys science and philosophy. I appreciate intelligent discussions with intelligent people. 

My parents paid a whole lot of $$$ to send me to private Catholic school growing up, but I started questioning religion about the age I started questioning santa and the easter bunny. Lost all faith after a particularly traumatic event when I was 11. I do not 100% discredit the concept of a higher power but find the probability of the traditional definition of a "god" or "gods" so minute I don't buy into it for all intents and purposes. Looking forward to a forum of like minded people.

Welcome!  Smile
Welcome mentalgiant!
Does that mean you're a crazy woman who's 7 foot tall? Hehe.

If you mean intellectually, then I'm a mental midget!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Sup

Welcome. I agree with Min; nothing better than an ex-catholic.

I think you'll fit in nicely.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Hey there, welcome fellow atheist and vegan Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(September 14, 2015 at 10:19 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Greetings, M-G.  Welcome aboard.

There's nothing better than being an ex-catholic.

(September 14, 2015 at 11:07 pm)Salacious B. Crumb Wrote: Sup

Welcome. I agree with Min; nothing better than an ex-catholic.

I think you'll fit in nicely.

Why is there nothing better than an ex-Catholic lol?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5319 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Greetings fellow travelers! entheogen 20 1485 September 17, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: entheogen
  Hello, my fellow Homo Sapiens. I salute you. Don Jehuda 48 12311 May 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1960 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1922 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Fellow Atheists! Shuffle 30 5287 July 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My Fellow Secular Citizens Joko 12 3787 July 7, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
Music Hi fellow space travelers Arjiuna 15 4780 April 6, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hi fellow heathens! thefemaleatheist 23 4595 March 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Greetings, fellow infidels... squidfetish 18 5184 October 2, 2014 at 3:13 am