Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told
Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told
http://gu.com/p/4d465?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Email

' Wrote:MPs, a lord chief justice, a member of the royal family and public school headmasters all intervened to stop a bishop being prosecuted for sexual abuse 22 years ago, the Old Bailey has heard.

Former bishop Peter Ball was facing jail on Wednesday after admitting last month the sexual abuse of 18 young men between 1977 and 1992 when he was bishop of Lewes.

He escaped justice when his first victim complained in 1992 after interventions from leading figures in the establishment. Instead of being prosecuted he was given a caution.

They should publicise all those fuckers that stood up for him as well.
RE: Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told
Its obscene that we still have a royal family really.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Bishop escaped abuse charges after MPs and royal family intervened, court told
Absolutely disgusting.

I agree, the royal family is balls. I found out recently we have unelected bishops in the House of Lords too.

I heard an argument on here though that keeping those crusts around is a kind of compromise so that the illusion of the theocracy can continue, whereas getting rid of them may make things worse. I can see that point of view. The church feels like it's getting its say, and so has less incentive to barrel into politics and on the whole it is kept out of policies.

What exactly would happen if we killed them all got rid of the Royals, I'm not sure. Maybe once the last True Christian™ becomes a Paper Christian™ we can flush the whole lot at once Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
robvalue Wrote:I agree, the royal family is balls.

Absolute balls!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxedcxKD6g
(October 7, 2015 at 8:21 am)robvalue Wrote: I agree, the royal family is balls. I found out recently we have unelected bishops in the House of Lords too.

The entire House of Lords is unelected. The fact that there are 26 (I think) mandatory bishops in the House of Lords is bad, but it's not as bad as the entire House itself.
This is not news:

Quote:Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

--Diderot
Fuck monarchy it's a fucking backwards idea anyway... about time we got rid of that shit.
Terrible. They need to be outed.

The royal family is there to provide that special something, that pompous sauce, for tourists.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I wish there was a better possible political system, better than democracy I mean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fifty years after the Yom Kippur War LinuxGal 71 4611 October 18, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who will become the next Prime Minister of the UK - after Boris Johnson? Dundee 21 1616 July 17, 2022 at 5:07 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 17536 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1080 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2248 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  jizkiahu ben david (I told you so..) Drich 28 3010 April 11, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  When Harry Met Family Brian37 10 944 March 9, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1517 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1664 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1117 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am