Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One more atheist in the block
One more atheist in the block
Hi guys, I´m an Atheist (go figure) roaming around for good thought. I'm from Portugal, a very Catholic-laden country, so I really need someone to talk to that does not answer me "God Knows". I am yet to meet someone that feels confortable enough to say "I'm an Atheist", most border on Pantheism, but still some 'fear' to admit the god proposition might be false.

As a side question, what are the usual members positions on the globe, might I ask?
RE: One more atheist in the block
Welcome LastPoet!!!
Tiny Tiger

Quote:As a side question, what are the usual members positions on the globe, might I ask?
Norway.
Although, i'm a little unsure on what you mean...
Cat
I have a secret and it is down below!

(June 2, 2010 at 2:45 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Hi guys, I´m an Atheist (go figure) roaming around for good thought. I'm from Portugal, a very Catholic-laden country, so I really need someone to talk to that does not answer me "God Knows". I am yet to meet someone that feels confortable enough to say "I'm an Atheist", most border on Pantheism, but still some 'fear' to admit the god proposition might be false.

As a side question, what are the usual members positions on the globe, might I ask?

Welcome to the forum LastPoet !
As for your question, there is a majority of Americans and British but there's also a lot of countries represented on the forum. I'm from France.
You can check the usermap on top of the main page to see the locations of a few members.
[Image: pPQu8.png]
Welcome
US, East Coast There's a Usermap at the top near chat, that will give you a lot of the locations.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hi, LastPoet... Welcome to the forums. I certainly hope your user name isn't to be taken literally! That would be a shame.

I'm in Michigan, U.S.
Hello and welcome.
Hello and Welcome LastPoet

I'm in southern England.

The majority of folk here are either English or American, but there are plenty of exceptions.
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Welcome LastPoet.....

Atheists are EVERYWHERE!!!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
welcome! i'm on the west side of the US.
Welcome!

UK here.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1640 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1737 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1637 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New gal on the block OfMiceAndMen 116 13793 March 11, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Newbie (In more ways than one) DarkHorse 22 3331 February 20, 2014 at 7:00 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  One More AF Immigrant Mahafsoun NM 20 5000 June 2, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Violet
  One more newbie Tex 21 3458 March 29, 2013 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Aractus
  One more to the list Demonaura 6 2568 December 23, 2008 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Demonaura