Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 1:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting Threads?
Deleting Threads?
How come i cannot delete one of my threads, Was trying to delete my What is the most boring sport Thread but cannot do it?ThinkingHuh
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]
RE: Deleting Threads?
You can't delete your own threads once they are posted. The main reason being that some people might find them interesting and ripe for discussion, even if you don't. Also, we've had members in the past try to disrupt forum activity by deleting threads that have a load of posts in them.

If you want a thread deleted, PM one of the admins and they will assess whether it should be deleted or not. I'm not going to delete the "most boring sport" thread because people have already responded to it. Unless you can come up with a good reason I should...
RE: Deleting Threads?
(June 15, 2010 at 11:13 am)Tiberius Wrote: You can't delete your own threads once they are posted. The main reason being that some people might find them interesting and ripe for discussion, even if you don't. Also, we've had members in the past try to disrupt forum activity by deleting threads that have a load of posts in them.

If you want a thread deleted, PM one of the admins and they will assess whether it should be deleted or not. I'm not going to delete the "most boring sport" thread because people have already responded to it. Unless you can come up with a good reason I should...

Have changed my mind, if members have already responded to Thread.
[Image: britishatheist.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2531 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Information [Serious] Why can't I subscribe to threads? CaenLeranzo 6 1497 February 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Civil/ safe option for threads. Mystic 2 1092 November 19, 2018 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I know I'm not supposed to revive really old threads, so... Martian Mermaid 23 4928 November 22, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Alternative to "click bait" rule: block threads robvalue 40 6038 February 6, 2017 at 1:38 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6682 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Missing drafts (threads, not PMs) Aroura 13 2099 December 2, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Necroing of threads by newbies Joods 11 1926 July 4, 2016 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Suggestion/question: breadcrumb nav at the bottom of threads? KevinM1 17 3056 November 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Starting Threads with Links rexbeccarox 17 3603 October 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet