Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Day of Kwanza ~ Umoja
1st Day of Kwanza ~ Umoja
Umoja means unity
Take time today to build unity with someone - family, neighbors, coworkers, a stranger
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: 1st Day of Kwanza ~ Umoja
I'm shamefully ignorant of Kwanza. How many days does it go on? Is each day dedicated to a different sentiment, as in unity? If so, what are they?
(December 26, 2015 at 10:21 am)Crossless1 Wrote: I'm shamefully ignorant of Kwanza. How many days does it go on? Is each day dedicated to a different sentiment, as in unity? If so, what are they?

There is 7 days of Kwanzaa

1. Umoja - unity 

2. [i]Kujichagulia -  self determination [/i]

[i]3. Ujima - Collective work and [/i]responsibility

[i]4. Ujamaa - Cooperative economics[/i]

[i]5. Nia - purpose[/i]

[i]6. Kummba - creativity[/i]

[i]7. Imani - faith[/i]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
As god is my witness {tee hee} I was SO expecting one of the days of Kwanzaa to be for the airing of grievances.

I'm just terrible.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 26, 2015 at 9:09 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: Umoja means unity
Take time today to build unity with someone - family, neighbors, coworkers, a stranger

In my family, today is to eat "dirty laundry", that is, the leftovers from xmas re-arranged. It is good. As for unity... what a dumb concept to us humans.
(December 26, 2015 at 11:02 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 9:09 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: Umoja means unity

In my family, today is to eat "dirty laundry", that is, the leftovers from xmas re-arranged. It is good. As for unity... what a dumb concept to us humans.

I feel a schism coming on.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 26, 2015 at 11:07 am)vorlon13 Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 11:02 am)LastPoet Wrote: In my family, today is to eat "dirty laundry", that is, the leftovers from xmas re-arranged. It is good. As for unity... what a dumb concept to us humans.

I feel a schism coming on.

Tongue

Is that polite speak for food poisoning?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 26, 2015 at 10:21 am)Crossless1 Wrote: I'm shamefully ignorant of Kwanza. How many days does it go on? Is each day dedicated to a different sentiment, as in unity? If so, what are they?

It's 8 days and on each day you light another candle to commemorate the "miracle" of oil burning for longer than it was supposed to.....   or is that something else?

As can be seen, biblical "miracles" have been devalued through the course of time.
Oddly enough, I don't know of a single black person in real life that celebrates Kwanza.
No at 12 Steppers ever mentions it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AF's 1st annual Draw Muhammad competition Napoléon 25 4038 June 1, 2015 at 6:16 am
Last Post: Brian37
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3395 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  We must stop the sun from allowing June 1st to occur in Alaska. Violet 25 10215 June 2, 2013 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Violet