Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong?
Is it wrong?
Is it wrong that I am not moved by death?

I feel nothing when I learn about the death of another.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Is it wrong?
Wrong, no. We all handle death in our own way.

Is it healthy? I don't know. It wouldn't necessarily be for me, but I am not you.

When my step-mother died after a battle with stage 4 lung cancer, I did not grieve. I did my grieving while she was still alive.

Everyone is different, dude. Nobody can tell you how you ought to be. Be true to yourself and let the shit work itself out.
CD pretty much summed it up. Everyone is different.
Mind your Ps and Qs, and follow the laws, otherwise no one cares about your lack of empathy.

Do people routinely make off-handed remarks about death, if they're completely unmoved? 
Seems like the unaffected response would be no response at all.

Perhaps death makes certain people more uncomfortable than they realize.
Death is just a natural effect of life. I see no problem with it.
~ Erin Hunter
Wrong, no.

It can be ugly and off-putting to others when you are callous towards other people's grieving, though.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 11, 2016 at 5:03 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Wrong, no.

It can be ugly and off-putting to others when you are callous towards other people's grieving, though.

If his indifference goes so far as to wish for more people to be murdered as he did in the aftermath of that church shooting and has since doubled down on, you're a psychpath and I do all I can to marginalize your impact on my life and society. Right or wrong Kitan , I don't care, just don't hurt other people with your attitude. As long as it is just talk, it is a bit disturbing but otherwise harmless. Just don't do anything stupid.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Exactly.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 11, 2016 at 5:21 am)Quantum Wrote: just don't hurt other people with your attitude.

Grow the fuck up.

I cannot hurt anyone with my attitude.

If I have had to learn to deal with the bullshit you and everyone else daily send my way, then certainly you can deal with a little negativity.

I.E., grow the fuck up, or grow a fucking backbone.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4707 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 796 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 961 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 899 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's Wrong Amarok 32 4300 January 14, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I was wrong rado84 30 2977 July 22, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: rado84
  It should never be considered wrong Foxaèr 35 2999 July 8, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I was wrong about everything. Foxaèr 15 1880 April 2, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is wrong with you customers? Foxaèr 9 2730 December 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm