Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid slogans on church signs
Stupid slogans on church signs
One of my biggest peeves as a believer was church signs with stupid slogans, usually some idiotic quote that didn't even come from the bible, but yet they put God's signature at the end.  I always wondered what the objective of these mentally retarded signs were. 

I think it would be fun for everyone to keep their eyes open and post some of that crap in this thread for everyone's amusement (at least mine).

Here's 2 that I've seen recently:

"Prayer: The original wireless connection"

and...

"I love you, and you, and you, and you, and you....   -God" 

The punchline of that one is that the sign was on a busy highway.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section.
RE: Stupid slogans on church signs
"We accept everyone. Come as you are"
This was a sign on a baptist church. I wonder what they would do if a bunch of people from the LGBT community showed up.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
This past holiday season I saw one that read "All we want for Christmas is your presence"

Every time we passed this sign I would mutter "and 10% of your income."
"Come on in and hear someone being paid to speak for God."

Yeah, that wasn't a real one. I've seen some very dumb ones, can't remember them right now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I saw this in a parking lot a couple of years ago (I think I've posted it before:

[Image: jesuslordcanyours.jpg]
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Passed by one just this morning:   "If you don't love Jesus you WILL go to hell."   

I had seen this one on bumper stickers, as "If you don't love Jesus, you can go to hell", but this was the first time on a church sign.  Lovely sentiment.  Makes me just wanna rush my chubby little tattooed lesbian atheist self in there and give 'em a big hug.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Gotta see this shit everytime I take the highway into Columbus.  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjQKDMkMqJ2WVSmxBXXJL...7YiRubqawg]

There are more behind it, listing the ten commandments.  I think that trying to hook people driving down the highway by making implications as to their mortality (and purported fate) is the definition of a predatory faith. Could have just as easily gone with "Heaven is Real"...but no.....apparently that aint this assholes style.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2016 at 2:53 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: "We accept everyone. Come as you are"
This was a sign on a baptist church. I wonder what they would do if a bunch of people from the LGBT community showed up.

Outreach attempts from the Baptist world are always so pathetic.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Most annoying are any which purport to quote "God", as if a god ever said a word to anyone!

[Image: billboard-snyder.jpg]

[Image: 3408443EC61C428E88FE58DCCCED7334.ashx?w=400&h=300]

I sort of like this one:
[Image: 2-you-asked-for-a-sign.jpg]
Mr. Hanky loves you!
(January 12, 2016 at 3:55 pm)God of Mr. Hanky Wrote: Most annoying are any which purport to quote "God", as if a god ever said a word to anyone!
I sort of like this one:
[Image: 2-you-asked-for-a-sign.jpg]

Makes me wonder, what's the point of wasting the time and resources on a sign like that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1164 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5404 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Are Xtians So Stupid? Minimalist 31 4342 October 7, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why Are Atheists so Stupid Neo-Scholastic 125 15494 October 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Stupid Book 'Abundant Living' RiddledWithFear 8 1877 December 20, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Atheism is Stupid Annoyingbutnicetheist 6 2223 January 25, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Need to rant: stupid Christians Phazzle 13 3007 October 28, 2014 at 2:23 am
Last Post: ForumMember77
Video Why Hating Gay Men Is Stupid MagetheEntertainer 13 2913 July 17, 2014 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Stupid, stupid, stupid and stupid..... max-greece 36 6646 October 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Ever hear a christian say something so stupid.(Horror stories here) Lemonvariable72 83 22987 September 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72