Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dont buy into the sickness affecting your generation!"
"Dont buy into the sickness affecting your generation!"
My mom sends me articles from time to time thinking they will change my mind or something.

Here is the text "http://www.vocativ.com/news/299168/americans-pray-think-heaven-is-real/

Don't buy into the sickness affecting your generation."

I guess we are sick.
RE: "Dont buy into the sickness affecting your generation!"
Actually that article is very good news.

Quote:Since 1980, the number of Americans who believe in God has decreased by half and the number who pray has declined five-fold. Has America lost its faith?

Tell your mom to re-read it and pay attention this time.  God is dead....fuck him.
How can something that never existed die? But yeah, fuck it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The "nones" have reached or surpassed the evangelicals. I hope the Republicans are paying attention - assuming the party even survives the 2016 election.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
If god has to enlist the help of your mum in order to demonstrate his very existence, he can't be very powerful or relevant.

The "sickness" is indoctrination. It's not working so well now because insular environments are increasingly harder to maintain, and scientific knowledge has drastically increased.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Don't buy into the sickness? It's kina rude to call religion such but I agree with such stance Wink
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
(March 22, 2016 at 3:48 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: Don't buy into the sickness? It's kina rude to call religion such but I agree with such stance Wink

Of course it's rude. If religionists want polite dialogue, they need to stop telling me I'm immoral and damned.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 22, 2016 at 3:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 22, 2016 at 3:48 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: Don't buy into the sickness? It's kina rude to call religion such but I agree with such stance Wink

Of course it's rude.  If religionists want polite dialogue, they need to stop telling me I'm immoral and damned.

Boru

No, no. You urgently need fixing. Here, have this old genocidal book and give us your money. That'll solve this problem.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

God needs ca$h!

For some reason.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 22, 2016 at 4:37 am)robvalue Wrote: God needs ca$h!

For some reason.

He's just trying to curb inflation...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1461 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4627 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 11982 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 12171 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  300 years, yet atheism has not grown into a viable movement | Bart Campolo mralstoner 31 4474 October 20, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: comet
  Trick Yourself Into Believing In God LivingNumbers6.626 10 2487 July 21, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I dont know what to do. Socratic Meth Head 81 6915 May 29, 2016 at 9:14 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  are any of you guys into lucid dreaming? Yoplait 19 3283 May 22, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  anyone buy a drone yet? Jextin 7 1981 December 5, 2014 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I'd like to buy your soul, interested? hughmanwho 5 1350 July 15, 2014 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jenny A