Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power
Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power
This is the feeling I get. They're upset that people are beginning to realize that religion is just a form of control for the greater populations. And now that people aren't buying that lie anymore it's driving them to pass these insane "Religious freedom" laws. Which are really just bigotry laws.
RE: Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power
I think they got lucky in the mid-term elections (lucky Democrats have a lower turnout for those) and got more power than they ought to have considering they have less support in general than Democrats. They're ramming their agenda while they have the chance, though I'm sure many of them figure that with the base they have, it will get them more votes come November.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
RE: Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power
(May 27, 2016 at 1:00 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I think they got lucky in the mid-term elections (lucky Democrats have a lower turnout for those) and got more power than they ought to have considering they have less support in general than Democrats. They're ramming their agenda while they have the chance, though I'm sure many of them figure that with the base they have, it will get them more votes come November.

Now what exactly is a "Rational Skeptic"?  Thinking
In a word, "yes."  It isn't only that the younger generation dismisses their bullshit it is that they are dying out and the demographics of the country are rapidly turning against them.  Even with the influx of Hispanics it must be understood that the bulk of them are catholics and these evangelical shitheads don't consider them xtians.... except when they want to pretend that there are still plenty of xtians around!
They're fighting a rearguard action, and they know it.

They're upset that they're losing the culture war.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well yeah, I assume they would be.
"Just"? I wouldn't say just, but yeah, they seem butthurt.
Their leaders actually might be afraid of losing power/money. Their base might actually believe in what they're preaching.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
GoHalos1993 Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:I think they got lucky in the mid-term elections (lucky Democrats have a lower turnout for those) and got more power than they ought to have considering they have less support in general than Democrats. They're ramming their agenda while they have the chance, though I'm sure many of them figure that with the base they have, it will get them more votes come November.

Now what exactly is a "Rational Skeptic"?  Thinking
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_skepticism
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power of Prayer and Fear of God mcolafson 33 5273 September 19, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2773 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  There is a very good different argument about power. Mystic 12 2754 April 3, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Human beings have virtually no value if they are just machines Transcended Dimensions 94 18176 December 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Losing my religion was the best thing that ever happened to me. Mechaghostman2 30 5880 November 6, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why I hate Right Wing Christians bussta33 31 6255 April 16, 2016 at 5:28 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Here's why Creatards might be right ErGingerbreadMandude 710 70177 November 19, 2015 at 8:18 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Some theists are just to far gone dyresand 36 7520 June 7, 2015 at 11:35 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Churches losing membership four times faster than they are gaining it Mister Agenda 38 6629 March 27, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda