Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorilla killed
Gorilla killed
First of all, I am surprised this has not been posted on the forum.

Secondly, fuck that stupid zoo.

I understand that a boy's life was in danger, but was there a reason why tranquilizers were not used?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hara...ts-n583146
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Gorilla killed
Yes. The gorilla was 450 lbs and tranquilizers do not work instantly. The professionals deemed the situation imminent enough that lethal force needed to be used.

Sad situation, all the way around.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
From the article:

Quote:A lethal shot comes with the risk of accidentally shooting the person you're trying to save, but a tranquilizer dart could have taken up to 30 minutes to work and comes with other risks, Hansen said.
All these people shaming the mom for not keeping track of her kid clearly have never been around a fucking toddler before. Anybody who has been in charge of one of those buggers for more than 5 minutes can attest that they are constantly trying to murder themselves. Also, parents lose track of their children all the time--in the supermarket, in the mall, in their house, even.

She was a bit of a douche in thanking God for saving her kid, and not even saying anything remorseful about that beautiful animal that got shot so her kid could live, but calling her a shitty mom is overkill, IMO.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Higher fences it is then.
Such a majestic beast too.

I believe the gorilla had good intentions, just too rough on the boy....oh well....
The higher species wins again, naturally!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I don't think the kid climbed over the fence... Tongue

(June 1, 2016 at 1:50 am)ignoramus Wrote: I believe the gorilla had good intentions, just too rough on the boy....oh well....
The higher species wins again, naturally!

One of the handlers was saying that Harambe was agitated before that, and had been squashing melons with his bare hands.

Quote:She was a bit of a douche in thanking God for saving her kid

God fired a rifle?

Quote:and had been squashing melons with his bare hands.

When I was younger I used to do that whenever I could.
Regardless of his intentions, a curious gorilla could snap a kid's neck. They made the right call. I know if it were my daughter, I'd want them to shoot him. It's just sad anyway you look at it. Personally, I think they ought to stop capturing gorillas, but I'm saying that without any knowledge of whether it does any good or not
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(June 1, 2016 at 1:35 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Secondly, fuck that stupid zoo.

Dead, due to human stupidity. It's not fuck the zoo, it's fuck the parents. The zoo couldn't stand by while that boy is mauled. Yes, I followed the story on our local news. And it's the second incident on these lines. Few days ago, a naked suicidal maniac tried to get mauled by lions by presenting himself as their next meal. Result, two dead lions, since they were shot too.

Maybe I'm too much of a Darwinist, but that guy pisses me off even more. That boy simply got in harms way because of his parent's stupidity. The naked guy put himself there willingly.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
double
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorcade for local marine killed in the evacuation happened today brewer 1 270 September 10, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1095 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 579 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Accused Kidnapper killed in Truck Accident onlinebiker 1 283 June 27, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 27913 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 1094 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  BREAKING: The Pentagon announces the US killed Iranian general Soleimani WinterHold 133 15816 January 20, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Smedders
  Nine killed in Dayton, Ohio EgoDeath 120 8686 August 14, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Has the EU just killed the internet as we know it? Fidel_Castronaut 11 1276 March 27, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  US tourist enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed OakTree500 117 11716 November 29, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf