Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hell and God cant Co-exist.
Hell and God cant Co-exist.
God is supposed to be Omnipresent, and Hell is supposed to be a seperation from God.

This makes no sense, they cant co-exist, its one, or neither.
Christians cant sacrifice God's supposed Omnipresense or hell in order to have a somewhat consistent belief.
RE: Hell and God cant Co-exist.
They're Christians. What did you expect? Expecting their beliefs to make sense is like expecting Bill Maher to stop being so damn cute to me. 
-nevah
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Hah! Nicely played sir Smile

Also, a completely optional area created specifically for the purpose of suffering without hope of end, redemption or "learning anything" is not compatible with anything other than evil tyrant who shouldn't be trusted nor respected.

Oh, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtuk0ZpnbY
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 2, 2016 at 4:20 am)GeneralDog Wrote: God is supposed to be Omnipresent, and Hell is supposed to be a seperation from God.[...]

That's mainly a catholic interpretation of hell - and a fairly recent one at that. If enough people complain about this paradox - they'll just change it again. It's not like they're limited by any sort of testable facts, or even the bible itself. 

Many protestants (as well as those catholics, who don't keep up with current theological "developments") seem to still jerk off to the vision of an actual hole in the ground with fire, torture equipment and flying monkeys, or whatever...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
We'll just add that to the long list of issues regarding the Abrahamic god. Thanks for contributing. It's no surprise that more and more young people are leaving churches.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 2, 2016 at 4:20 am)Socratic Meth Head Wrote: God is supposed to be Omnipresent, and Hell is supposed to be a seperation from God.

Christians cant sacrifice God's supposed Omnipresense or hell in order to have a somewhat consistent belief.

I think the "separation from god" bit was brought in only after they realised the fire and brimstone was no longer working. Kind of like how "unbabtised babies go to limbo" magically disappeared from catlick doctrine shortly after I finshed primary school, or that theologians of all stripes have gotten so hot on supernatural in the last 150 years.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
This schoolboy objection must be the latest fad among atheists.
(June 2, 2016 at 8:38 am)ChadWooters Wrote: This schoolboy objection must be the latest fad among atheists.

So god is present in Hell, then? Interesting. I guess Hell isn't really separation from god then, is it? Also, how does he dwell with all that iniquity in Hell, since the Bible says he...you know...can't.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(June 2, 2016 at 4:20 am)Socratic Meth Head Wrote: God is supposed to be Omnipresent, and Hell is supposed to be a seperation from God.

There are 18 verses we use to establish the doctrine of "Omnipresence."
http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Go...nipresence

Not one describes God outside of creation/what He has created. The 'paradox' you think you found in with the doctrine of an omni-max God, NOT the description of God as the bible describes Him.

You may not understand this but there is a vast difference between the God described by the bible, and the god who has been created by the religions of men.
(June 2, 2016 at 9:59 am)Drich Wrote: There are 18 verses we use to establish the doctrine of "Omnipresence."
The 'paradox' you think you found in with the doctrine of an omni-max God, NOT the description of God as the bible describes Him.

Drich, could you please clarify that distinction between omnipresence and omnimax you're making. I'm not fully on board with your interpretation especially when I consider the following verses:

“In old days, God spoke to our fathers in many ways and by many means,[1] through the prophets; now at last 2 in these times he has spoken to us with a Son to speak for him; a Son, whom he has appointed to inherit all things, just as it was through him that he created this world of time; 3 a Son, who is the radiance of his Father’s splendour, and the full expression of his being; all creation depends, for its support, on his enabling word. – Hebrews 1:3

“And yet, after all, he is not far from any one of us; it is in him that we live, and move, and have our being; thus, some of your own poets have told us,…” – Acts 17:24-28

”He has put everything under his dominion, and made him the head to which the whole Church is joined,so that the church is his body, the completion of Him who everywhere and in all things is complete.” – Ephesians 1:23

[i]“Where can I go, then, to take refuge from thy spirit, to hide from thy view? If I should climb up to heaven, thou art there; if I sink down to the world beneath, thou art present still.
– Psalm 139: 7-12

To me these support a doctrine that God serves as the universal ground of being which is what I think you also mean by omnipresent, but I 'm not sure. That doctrine is a far cry from that of these recalcitrant atheists who seem entrenched in the idea of some stern old man walking around in a fiery pit. Such is the poverty of both their intellect and imagination. They cannot be bothered to raise their eyes above the material world and their own sensual desires to witness spiritual things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38532 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  GoodFight310 and the visions of Hell Ah_Hyug 0 783 September 20, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Ah_Hyug
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1686 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  On the subject of Hell and Salvation Alternatehistory95 278 28238 March 10, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  On Hell and Forgiveness LadyForCamus 977 88557 October 19, 2018 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: kelseck
  Hello and question about hell Kyro 80 5348 August 11, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12379 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
Video He does exist...... ronedee 33 4646 May 7, 2016 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2512 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Did Jesus exist? Jehanne 374 42528 February 13, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: GUBU