Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a heads up.
Just a heads up.
Today begins the journey of 2 weeks off all pain meds.
If I survive I'll be attempting a new cocktail that allows me to be mostly not wanting to die without making me go through life high as fuck all the time. Good bye fentanyl you were good to me T_T

I just wanted to apologize in advice for any possible assholery. Day one hasn't been as horrid as I had anticipated. I assume that might be from lingering stuffs. That fentanyl is a patch so it'll probably linger for a little bit. I'm skeered. Ok that is all. I'll try real hard not to be a total bitch.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Just a heads up.
(I won't actually die and I still have my meds in case I decide my doctor was right about weaning. But he did approve an attempted cold turkey if I thought I was up for it. Just so you guys don't worry.)

0/10

(June 20, 2016 at 4:20 pm)Losty Wrote: Today begins the journey of 2 weeks off all pain meds.
If I survive I'll be attempting a new cocktail that allows me to be mostly not wanting to die without making me go through life high as fuck all the time. Good bye fentanyl you were good to me T_T

I just wanted to apologize in advice for any possible assholery. Day one hasn't been as horrid as I had anticipated. I assume that might be from lingering stuffs. That fentanyl is a patch so it'll probably linger for a little bit. I'm skeered. Ok that is all. I'll try real hard not to be a total bitch.

Just take a deep breath.

Also, pain meds can be addictive so don't get pissy with us when you're going through withdrawal.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
Hence the warning Big Grin

This is a pre-apology bahaha

0/10

As a smoker that has tried to quit a sundry of times, I can fully appreciate the cold turkey attempt over weaning. Best of luck and hang in there.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Best of luck, Losty.

Consoling
Speaking as someone who has guided a woman down off of fentanyl cold turkey before... don't be nervous. I'm not gonna say it's pleasant, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to stay as relaxed as possible and take it easy where you can. It's only a few weeks, and it gets better the longer you're off of the stuff: you just gotta power through the valley in the middle, is all.

If you can, though, reduce your dose as much as possible before going off entirely, because that does help. Luckie got the patches she could cut in half, and we were down to a quarter patch before she went off completely, which made it easier on her system overall.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Hang in there, sweetie.

And you're not allowed near anything sharp for the next week, woman.
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 20, 2016 at 4:40 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Speaking as someone who has guided a woman down off of fentanyl cold turkey before... don't be nervous. I'm not gonna say it's pleasant, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to stay as relaxed as possible and take it easy where you can. It's only a few weeks, and it gets better the longer you're off of the stuff: you just gotta power through the valley in the middle, is all.

If you can, though, reduce your dose as much as possible before going off entirely, because that does help. Luckie got the patches she could cut in half, and we were down to a quarter patch before she went off completely, which made it easier on her system overall.

If I cut my patches in half they spill liquid out. I'm currently on 50mg. One of the reasons for going of is that I bump into stuff a lot. I'm all covered in knots and bruises (which don't because well...yea lmao). I was starting to wonder how many times I can knock my head into something before losing valuable brain cells. Tongue

So...I have some old 25mg patches. Should I bump back down to those for a bit first.

"Don't be nervous" he says. Bahaha that coming from you makes me think other kinds of thoughts. I'm nervous only because you know...people always share the withdrawal horror stories. No one ever says "oh yea I quit meds cold turkey and...it wasn't bad at all". People love sharing the horror stories.

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a heads up Edwardo Piet 18 2188 December 1, 2017 at 5:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2159 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Just a heads up dyresand 71 5897 November 26, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Any Chile-Heads Out There? LunchBox 11 2770 September 20, 2011 at 1:58 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  So I can turn heads! Violet 4 1604 August 6, 2011 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Violet
  Well, Perry did pray for rain! Right? Tropical Storm Don heads toward Texas Judas BentHer 2 1505 July 28, 2011 at 7:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Any gear heads in here? tavarish 23 7016 March 25, 2010 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: tavarish