Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passionate anger
Passionate anger
How anyone can dislike religion when for the most part they preach "altruism". Even if preaching very often gets a bit annoying, they still only offer innocent ideas like "We have a recapie for a "very good" life, accept it or ...(and then it gets annoying).

But still, how "good deed" preachers can anger someone enough that he starts spamming angry posts towards God and his followers daily for many months and even years?
RE: Passionate anger
(July 2, 2016 at 12:31 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: How anyone can dislike religion when for the most part they preach "altruism". Even if preaching very often gets a bit annoying, they still only offer innocent ideas like "We have a recapie for a "very good" life, accept it or ...(and then it gets annoying).

But still, how "good deed" preachers can anger someone enough that he starts spamming angry posts towards God and his followers daily for many months and even years?

Wut?
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Religions do not preach altruism. Religions preach religion.
(July 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm)The_Empress Wrote:
(July 2, 2016 at 12:31 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: How anyone can dislike religion when for the most part they preach "altruism". Even if preaching very often gets a bit annoying, they still only offer innocent ideas like "We have a recapie for a "very good" life, accept it or ...(and then it gets annoying).

Wut?
Wut?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

(July 2, 2016 at 12:31 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: How anyone can dislike religion when for the most part they preach "altruism".

Do I have to be an ashole to be an atheist?

Altruism is nothing else than caring for your fellow humans. No religion required.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 2, 2016 at 12:42 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Religions do not preach altruism. Religions preach religion.

10 commandments demand less consumption more restrictions and altruism.
(July 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm)The_Empress Wrote:

Wut?

I was gonna say that same thing lol....

Glad someone else did it first.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
[Image: real10commandments2.jpg]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 2, 2016 at 12:45 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: 10 commandments demand less consumption more restrictions and altruism.

BS.

Just a primitive behavioral codex for a lawless society. Nothing altruistic in there. Unless you consider don't rape you neighbour's wife or don't steal from or kill you peers to be altruistic. Oh, yes. And don't moon your parents, since that would be dissing them.

But that's about all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 2, 2016 at 12:45 pm)abaris Wrote:
(July 2, 2016 at 12:31 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: How anyone can dislike religion when for the most part they preach "altruism".

Do I have to be an ashole to be an atheist?

Altruism is nothing else than caring for your fellow humans. No religion required.

Religion tries to boost altruism with fear in God. And yes, corruption grows even in this hierarchy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus wants passionate christians purplepurpose 3 658 April 1, 2023 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Less anger towards religion Macoleco 64 6121 December 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
Rainbow Science vs Religion: A Brief History of Anger RageaholicsAnonymous 8 2665 October 2, 2013 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Cato
  I can feel your anger Selliedjoup 702 396093 August 1, 2012 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon