Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello?
Hello?
Hi, somebody linked me to this place where I can introduce myself. I'm 15, I'm an atheist anti theist who converted from Christianity about a year ago. I hate any ideologies that can change the way you perceive reality including but not limited to Feminism, Christianity, Communism, Marxism, and Fascism. I support mostly liberal ideas, however any form of authoritarianism from either side disgusts me. If I could pick 1 religion to eradicate it would have to be Islam. My entire extended family is full of right wing evangelical christian conservatives. I was lucky to have been born into a non-extreme christian household that is tolerant of other ideas. I went to church with my grandparents until I was about 12, I would say that the videos produced by DarkMatter2525 was the "straw that broke the camels back" when it came to saving me from Christianity. After turning away from Christianity I turned to a non-religious belief in god, probably because I was scared of the idea of not existing after death, and I wanted to believe in an afterlife. However videos by The Amazing Atheist, Atheism Is Unstoppable, Richard Dawkins, and Vernaculis turned me away from the non-religious belief in god.
RE: Hello?
Welcome.

Thanks for the intro.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Liberalism is also an ideology that changes the way you perceive reality.

There is no such thing as non-religious belief in God. It is implicitly religious at all times, it's what the word religious means.

Welcome, I already like you. I mean it.

I'm twenty but act like I'm twelve most of the time. Tongue
Welcome!

Yeah, the thought of not existing after death can be disturbing, but wishing it weren't so doesn't change the facts of course. It's good that you found out early and can now build a consistent worldview on that insight.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome.
State of non existance or being slave of Gods will. I dont know which is worse. I gotta say, such questions distract me from the sad state my life is in.
(August 11, 2016 at 4:41 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Liberalism is also an ideology that changes the way you perceive reality.

There is no such thing as non-religious belief in God. It is implicitly religious at all times, it's what the word religious means.

Welcome, I already like you. I mean it.

I'm twenty but act like I'm twelve most of the time. Tongue

I am not a liberal or libertarian, I share many views with the right as well as the left. What I meant by non-religious belief in god was a belief in god without the ideology to go around it. I was an agnostic to some extent. I probably could have worded that last bit better.
Welcome
(August 11, 2016 at 4:47 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: State of non existance or being slave of Gods will. I dont know which is worse.

Yeah one of the main questions that turned me away from Christianity was: "If sin is a result of free will then how is there free will in heaven yet no sin?"
Welcome.

Glad to have you aboard.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates