Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go?
Would you go?
Got to hand it to him. This guy is setting some lofty goals and banking them.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/spacex-unveils...ories.html

But would you go to Mars?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Would you go?
I wouldn't. I will admit that I enjoy the comforts of Earth far too much. I'm all for sending out anyone who wants to go, though. Yay science!
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Nah. I can't even stand long car rides. I'd go bonkers on the way to Mars.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I wouldn't want to be one of the pioneers, tempting though it might be - I have a somewhat strong aversion to 'dying horribly'. But visiting an established, safe colony in my dotage, ferried by an antimatter-fueled ship that can get me there in a couple of days? Then we're talking, baby.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Sooner or later I annoy people so I imagine at some point they'd gather together and put me out an airlock.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm not too keen on heights, as you know, but I wouldn't mind going to Mars. I've been there in simulation, via Orbiter. I'm sure the real graphics are much better, good as the simulator's are.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I would not go. If we can not find a way to survive here without destroying the planet what good will it do go somewhere else and fuck that up too. Now finding and traveling to a planet called Bacchanalia3  I might consider.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

No thanks. I'm only just dealing with leaving England.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'd like to reach age 45 at least, then risk life.
Even then I'd want an attractive female to accompany me to Mars.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I'd be tempted, but responding to my wife's inevitable messages (Where the hell are you? / What, you can't be bothered to answer your phone? / I hope she's worth it, asshole. / Can you pick up X on your way home?) would strain my patience more than is good for me and probably jeopardize the entire mission. For the sake of humanity's continued space exploration, I would decline and suffer the lack of gravity here on Earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2185 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2063 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1333 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16437 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2467 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out I didn't exist? Edwardo Piet 4 815 October 7, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question Do you think someone would pay you for sex? Losty 184 15002 May 17, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  If you could remove your need for sleep, would you? Ashground 31 3802 November 12, 2015 at 6:08 am
Last Post: Reforged
  How would you react to a gay person who found you TOTALLY repulsive ? vorlon13 294 27150 September 30, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Would you be flattered if a gay person said they fancied you? emjay 131 16646 September 28, 2015 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: Whateverist