Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:39 am

Poll: What will you do?
This poll is closed.
Option 1
80.00%
12 80.00%
Option 2
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What will you do? (Ethical dilemma question)
What will you do? (Ethical dilemma question)
You have a friend. He/She is your best friend. You've been friends for a long long time and you're very dear friends.

This friend of yours have a boyfriend/girlfriend that he/she loves very much. They've been dating for more than 8 years. They are such a lovely couple hoping to get married one day. All they talk about is how many kids they're going to have, their marriage, their future, they're really in love etc.

One day you're left alone with the girlfriend/boyfriend of your best friend for a brief moment and he/she starts touching you, kissing you, feeling you up, like basically sexually assault you and immediately goes back to normal when somebody walked in. 

You're shocked. This person is nothing like you had imagined and you're left with two options:

1) You tell your best friend what happened. 
2) You don't tell your best friend what happened. 

What will you do? Why?
RE: What will you do? (Ethical dilemma question)
Option 1.
Though perhaps after a quick word with his gf first on "WTF just happened?"
Why would I keep something like that from a friend? Because it will hurt his feelings?
True friends are honest, even when its difficult. Especially when its difficult.
If the roles were reversed, I'd want to be told.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Option 3: if someone sexually assaults me, I'll be making a police report. I don't know why so many people think just a bit of sexual assault is acceptable but it's not.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I would absolutely tell my best friend.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(October 16, 2017 at 12:50 pm)Losty Wrote: Option 3: if someone sexually assaults me, I'll be making a police report. I don't know why so many people think just a bit of sexual assault is acceptable but it's not.

LOL that was my thoughts exactly. And the only reason I'm laughing is because it's Pool and so I wasn't surprised that he made such an ignorant comment.

Seriously Pool... you're creating a hypothetical situation where someone sexually assaults you and you consider this an "ethical dilemma" it's pretty obvious that there's no real dilemma there.
Perhaps a more salient example would be that you and your best friends girl got all slutty with each other.  At least in that there's enough ambiguity to make it a difficult choice between feeling the need to absolve your own conscience of guilt and the possibility that doing so would needlessly wreck an eight year relationship, because of a kiss.

Who hasn't had their best friends girl or guy hit on them?  You're all out partying, maybe she's a little tipsy....shit happens.  It signifies nothing.  It can be handled with a laugh and a smile "let's not do that again, okay?" - or am I missing something?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Here's a better one: Your best friend's girl asks you in private if you'd like a blowjob.

In that case I'd tell my best friend. (After I had the blowjob of course! Joke lol).

Adding sexual assault into the equation kind of ruins what I assume is the whole point of this 'dilemma'.
I think I'd just decline and leave it up to her and him to work out issues of trust and fidelity.  Really, though, we're negotiating now.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've done some things in the past I wasn't proud of. But in that case the person I 'betrayed' wasn't my best friend... or even a friend. They were someone I met ONCE. Still I felt bad, for losing my affair to a married woman (who WAS my friend) . . . but I try not to beat myself up over it as I was not only single but I was a 25 year old virgin. Still feel sorry for the guy though. I met him recently.
Guy should have handled his business at home, then you'd have never been n the picture.   Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] An Argument For Ethical Egoism SenseMaker007 29 3213 June 19, 2019 at 6:30 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is Belief in God ethical? vulcanlogician 28 2560 November 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Sweet and Ethical Prostitutes AFTT47 27 4200 November 18, 2017 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Euthyphro dilemma ignoramus 198 19503 October 28, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Euthyphro dilemma asked for evolution. Mystic 78 23663 February 2, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is Human Reproduction Un-Ethical? Brometheus 45 7203 April 6, 2015 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Suicide: An Ethical Delimna LivingNumbers6.626 108 15507 December 27, 2014 at 3:26 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Hume's Guillotine sets up an ethical regress problem Coffee Jesus 8 2980 April 13, 2014 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  Moral Dilemma EgoRaptor 98 20355 February 20, 2014 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: FlyingNarwhal
  are vegetarians more ethical by not eating meat? justin 266 75330 May 23, 2013 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: fr0d0