Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:56 am

Poll: Why are you Here on an Atheist forum?
This poll is closed.
I'm here to speak with likeminded Atheists
15.38%
4 15.38%
I'm here to speak out against Religion in a safe space
3.85%
1 3.85%
I'm here because the average clientele is a little brighter upstairs
7.69%
2 7.69%
I'm here to compare notes about raping and murdering
0%
0 0%
I'm here to engage in intelligent debate with theists
15.38%
4 15.38%
I'm here just to mock everyone who doesn't think like me.
3.85%
1 3.85%
I'm here to find a wife or sex partner.
0%
0 0%
I'm here because I generally like mingling but I don't really have a life.
7.69%
2 7.69%
I'm here strictly for the clam and other crustaceous jokes only.
3.85%
1 3.85%
I'm here to fuck all polls up the arse with a Polish pole!
19.23%
5 19.23%
Other Reasons ...Please Specify.
15.38%
4 15.38%
Fuck all polls
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Role(s) as Atheists on an Atheist Forum.
Our Role(s) as Atheists on an Atheist Forum.
Atheists, Seriously, why are you even here? We know there's no God. (with reasonable certainty)
Why does this forum even exist?
You don't see forums flooded with people who deny the existence of unicorns, hobgoblins and Pixies, do you?
What makes this topic any different?

Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Our Role(s) as Atheists on an Atheist Forum.
When I first got here it was Def "I'm here for Mafia" but now I think I am bordering on "I'm here because I generally like mingling but I don't really have a life."

Not really sure, so not going to vote ATM.
But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change, 
and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence. 
~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'
Tibs, Mods, Can you make it so we can select more than one option? Also I'd like it to be public if I may?

Some deviots here may be interested in knowing who's ready to put out Dunno (just trying to help. You're welcome)
Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 11, 2018 at 9:58 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Atheists, Seriously, why are you here? We know there's no God. (with reasonable certainty)
Why does this forum even exist?
You don't see forums flooded with people who deny the existence of unicorns, hobgoblins and Pixies, do you?
What makes this topic any different?

Dodgy   Dodgy   Dodgy   Dodgy   Dodgy

I had no idea how thoroughly Mormonism is debunked by actual Mormon publications over the decades of their history till I found the Tanner's book and yet the Mormons still manage to pull over 10 million believers.

I didn't realize till coming here just how tenaciously the Mormons, were going to hang on despite their congenital plethora of obvious and self documented fatal flaws.

And of course extrapolating that to the rest of the theists, LOL.

I also remain amazed Christians feel they need to engage here. Their standard is 'BELIEF', says so in the Bible. They aren't required to prove a damn thing, and yet we see so many persist in it.

It is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so to speak, whenever they descend to attempt to prove things. Totally unnecessary. I'd even posit it's heretical to try.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Vorls, do you take it as a cry for help by theists? Or maybe they're sick of the theistic forums as they don't offer too much to think about? Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I have no idea. Persisting in a pattern of heresy to fulfill a non-existent requirement in Scripture raises some disturbing questions. That they might feel a calling to fulfill a 'higher' purpose is problematical too.

I note in 'sparky' school the instructor told us about wiring to 'better' than the national electric code is impossible. You either wire to code or you don't. There is no such thing as 'better' than code. That viewpoint is analogous to attempting to 'prove' Christianity. The standard is you either believe or you don't. Attempting to prove it rebukes the belief thing.

Oops . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

One can of worms at a time my friend ... That's a topic in itself for another thread... Thinking
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Indeed

but I'll bring it full circle:

From the atheist viewpoint, I'd note we want theists here on their 'A' game. The ones we have could be trying harder.

That I've been disappointed isn't exactly a secret . . . .

The first time I joined back in 2012 (2011?) I came here because I felt lonely surrounded by religious people and I needed to blow off some steam and grow into my new atheist skin. Now I’m just here because I love you bunch of nerds. From the bottom of my internety heart.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Our duty is to remind religitards that they believe in fairy tales.

It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1743 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7337 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2201 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 92779 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  I am an atheist that despises atheists ComradeMeow 103 35891 June 9, 2017 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Sal
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9814 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7308 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  What is our role Humanitybest 16 3074 November 17, 2015 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Question for Atheists: Is coming out as an atheist as hard as coming out as gay? Blackrook 46 11946 May 2, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Is this the best Atheist Forum? Phatt Matt s 44 12721 April 5, 2014 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s