Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools!
Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools!
Interesting article from an Australian web site which pretty much summarises my feelings about creationism and intelligent design being taught in schools as "science". It is pathetic that in this day and age, asshole clergymen are still allowed to brainwash young minds into believing in their fairy tales.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/dear...r-schools/
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
RE: Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools!
(February 28, 2011 at 7:39 pm)DiRNiS Wrote: Interesting article from an Australian web site which pretty much summarises my feelings about creationism and intelligent design being taught in schools as "science". It is pathetic that in this day and age, asshole clergymen are still allowed to brainwash young minds into believing in their fairy tales.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/dear...r-schools/

Fuck Religion!Mad
How dare they interfere with scientific education!Mad

Had the same drama as Tracey with my own kids. Just like the 'Santa' myth I had to wait until they were old enough to start questioning their 'Little Fairy Tales' I did this by "inventing" house dragons.

"Oh mum...god fn didn't make house dragons" says the sceptical 11 year old. "Are you sure?" says the MotherOTH.

But what about 'Santa'? "Easy...'Santa is an idea and isn't it nice that at ONE time of the year everyone thinks nice thoughts and gives you presents. It is the idea of caring for others that is the 'Santa' myth. And no I am NOT going to buy you the new XBox 3"

Got the whole ostracisation with the entire School community...'single parent and an atheist to boot!! tsk tsk ...as those dear little religious wives continued to cheat on their husbands and "save all they can" for when they divorce the bastard....poor fellow'

No ...the hypocrisy that is the abrahamic religions is at best laughable and at worst perverted...and as Tracey says...."I don't want you fucking with my kids minds...that's my job"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The intelligent design shit really pisses me off quite a bit sometimes. It's creationism trying to sneak into science classrooms wearing a cheap tuxedo.
I actually went through that once, I think it was the Pentacoastal Christians and Gideons who came to my public school and taught us about creationism. Good thing during that time I was too stupid to understand what they were trying to say. Big Grin
(March 9, 2011 at 4:17 am)Jax Wrote: I actually went through that once, I think it was the Pentacoastal Christians and Gideons who came to my public school and taught us about creationism. Good thing during that time I was too stupid to understand what they were trying to say. Big Grin

I think the same thing applied to them but in reverse. They were too stupid to understand what they were talking about.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
I'm so glad the Creationist twits had their asses handed to them in the Dover trial. "Intelligent Design" is nothing but religion trying to sneak into the classroom using a poor disguise. It was nice to see them exposed for what they are.

I was at a County Fair a couple of years ago when I saw a teenager wearing a T-shirt that said:

"Dear God,

Why don't you stop the bad things that go on in my school?

Signed, Concerned Student

Dear Concerned Student,

I'm not allowed in your school.

Signed, God"

This just made me want to gag. Oh, yeah, like bad things don't happen in religious schools! Like bad things didn't happen in schools back in the day when the school sponsored prayers! And the whole thing is a straw man anyway! It's not that "God" isn't allowed in schools! A kid can pray at his/her desk if they want. A kid can wear religious jewelry or clothing! A kid can carry a holy book and read it if they want! A kid can talk to others about his/her religion! What is NOT allowed is the school administration sponsoring anything that gives preference to one religion over another. A huge difference that the makers and wearers of that T-shirt fail to acknowledge.

Morons.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

It's scary to realize that Ken Ham used to be a science teacher in Australia!

Big Grin

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
(March 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm)ozgoat Wrote: It's scary to realize that Ken Ham used to be a science teacher in Australia!

Big Grin

I wonder what kind of science he taught!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(March 9, 2011 at 8:17 pm)ozgoat Wrote: It's scary to realize that Ken Ham used to be a science teacher in Australia!

Proof garbage goes both ways between Oz and the US.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5128 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  Why did God get rid of the Trilobites? Jehanne 41 2929 October 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 78687 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1410 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7335 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11426 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fear of hell is in our dna... ignoramus 15 2076 September 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2242 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2287 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2562 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon