Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is The Truth.
What Is The Truth.
Chances are, what is right or true is the exact opposite of what you think it is.  And chances are, you don't want to know the truth.  Here is one proof of that.  There are a few intellectually minded and one truthful forum out there.  They are practically ghost towns.  As for what you think is true, somebody wrote a couple of books about the topic.  They are called, "The Book Of General Ignorance:  Everything You Think You Know Is Wrong."  I have never read them.  But then again, I don't need to.  I know exactly where the author is coming from.  Now when it comes to being wrong, keep in mind this truism by Samuel Clemens.  "It isn't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.  It is what you are sure of that just isn't so."

When it comes to the astonishing ignorance of the public in general, obviously the government is to blame.  And that is probably because the stupid are easier to rule.  Or to put it more precisely, easier to abuse.  I will give you one example of this stupidity.  Most people think out system of government is a democracy.  But it isn't.  It is a Plutocracy.  Which is rule by the rich.  But to put it more precisely, our system of government is actually a Kakistocracy.  Which is rule by the incompetent and corrupt.

To help prove my point about the government being behind the general stupidity of the American public, I will show you a meme of something said by a former director of the CIA named William Casey.  Such an attitude no doubt existed before he was there and still goes on to this day.  No doubt with the help of the NSA, FBI and other such government agencies.  And they either directly or indirectly run this forum and every other one out there.  Consider that before you try and ask me more of what the real truth is.  Also, having read what I will show you, keep in mind that what he said isn't something one American would do to another Americans.  That is something an enemy of America would do to Americans.  So if you think religion is your biggest worry, think again.

Administrator Notice
Link removed per 30/30 rule.
RE: What Is The Truth.
Fascinating stuff. Please tell me more.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Ooooohh, edgy!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
[Image: edgy-boy.jpg?rlkey=4kiv5949t17niakxuu80cs2vv]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
@deepend sure is persistent, isn't he?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 22, 2023 at 8:48 pm)Ravenshire Wrote: @deepend sure is persistent, isn't he?

Good job...I couldn't remember which one used that avatar.  Now we wait.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 22, 2023 at 8:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 22, 2023 at 8:48 pm)Ravenshire Wrote: @deepend sure is persistent, isn't he?

Good job...I couldn't remember which one used that avatar.  Now we wait.

This is also (at least) it's third thread on "Truth™."
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 22, 2023 at 8:54 pm)Ravenshire Wrote:
(July 22, 2023 at 8:52 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Good job...I couldn't remember which one used that avatar.  Now we wait.

This is also (at least) it's third thread on "Truth™."

Indeed, was just looking at that.  

Coincidence, I think not.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Truth is tricky to nail down since we are flawed beings. But, knowing that, we can make our best efforts to correct for it. Through scientific experimentation, and repeating experiments, we can have a better grasp on what may be "true". Things get weird as we get more theoretical and dive into the quantum. But never forget, human emotion has no place in understanding truth about the universe. Emotion is a product of evolution, a legit distraction from our real goal to understand.
Seriosly deepend you could have at least changed your avatar  Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is truth. deepend 50 3048 March 31, 2022 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Truth deepend 130 4973 March 24, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Truth about Ethnicity onlinebiker 41 2678 September 2, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Does the head follow the heart in matters of truth? Angrboda 63 8923 March 19, 2018 at 7:42 am
Last Post: John V
  ...Truth? Definitely Disillusioned 93 19130 June 30, 2017 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  The Nature Of Truth WisdomOfTheTrees 5 1055 February 21, 2017 at 5:30 am
Last Post: Sal
  Is there objective Truth? Soldat Du Christ 455 48482 November 7, 2016 at 5:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  A question for those who believe truth is not absolute GrandizerII 92 8114 July 21, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: quip
  Liking your Truth henryp 39 8343 January 4, 2016 at 1:39 am
Last Post: Heat
  Truth is Stranger than Fiction ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 6 2744 July 22, 2015 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho