Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple computer!
Apple computer!
Well, I have avoided anything to do with Apple products for as long as I can remember, when I was working I sometimes needed to use fruity computers on customer sites... always took me much longer that using a PC (probably because I never used them enough to get used to their weird way of doing things)
Now I'm waiting for the delivery of an imac from ebay ... it was going for a silly price and I was seduced! (I feel so dirty!!) It's a 2009 model but after a bit of googling it looks like it can the latest OS using Open Core Patcher.
It will probably end up dual booting mac OS and linux. Cool
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Apple computer!
One of us…one of us…one of us…

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: star-wars-kylo-ren.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'm sending you a parcel, too.

Ignore the ticking, that's just my watch I left in it accidentally.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 21, 2023 at 4:30 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Well, I have avoided anything to do with Apple products for as long as I can remember, when I was working I sometimes needed to use fruity computers on customer sites... always took me much longer that using a PC (probably because I never used them enough to get used to their weird way of doing things)
Now I'm waiting for the delivery of an imac from ebay ... it was going for a silly price and I was seduced!   (I feel so dirty!!)  It's a 2009 model but after a bit of googling it looks like it can the latest OS using Open Core Patcher.
It will probably end up dual booting mac OS and linux.    Cool

My son will give you a hug.

Me............ meh.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 21, 2023 at 5:33 pm)brewer Wrote:
(September 21, 2023 at 4:30 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Well, I have avoided anything to do with Apple products for as long as I can remember, when I was working I sometimes needed to use fruity computers on customer sites... always took me much longer that using a PC (probably because I never used them enough to get used to their weird way of doing things)
Now I'm waiting for the delivery of an imac from ebay ... it was going for a silly price and I was seduced!   (I feel so dirty!!)  It's a 2009 model but after a bit of googling it looks like it can the latest OS using Open Core Patcher.

My son will give you a hug.

Me............ meh.

Your former son that you refuse to acknowledge, surely?
Dying to live, living to die.
My boss decided to make the move to an MacBook and has kicked herself in the butt for it ever since. It's not that it's a bad computer, it's that she prefers the familiar and has shot herself in the foot a few times learning to do things a bit differently.

I will stick with my HP laptop but dare anyone to try to take my iPhone from me.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(September 21, 2023 at 5:34 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(September 21, 2023 at 5:33 pm)brewer Wrote: My son will give you a hug.

Me............ meh.

Your former son that you refuse to acknowledge, surely?

Nah,.......... he does the wife's iphone and pad. Keeps me from constantly purchasing new ones.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Speaking of Apple Computers, I have been considering the upcoming Vision Pro for that hefty price tag, if I could get my hands on one.
Hail Satan!  Bow Down Diablo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple vs everyone else Spongebob 10 782 October 3, 2021 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 591 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever feel like eating your computer? paulpablo 9 1116 October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What computer do you have? paulpablo 67 11095 September 29, 2016 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Fuck Apple bennyboy 31 3891 July 7, 2016 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3210 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7078 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  The Apple Event StealthySkeptic 17 3405 September 9, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6331 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  The Computer Thread wolf39us 45 10273 July 1, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jaysyn