Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help!]What do you with Xtians forcing their religion down your throat?
[Help!]What do you with Xtians forcing their religion down your throat?
I don't believe in your religion.

"Then what's the purpose of living life? You have no purpose do you?"

"Something is wrong with you and you need to think about it. The worst kind of people are those who know they are wrong yet think they are okay"

These lines are pretty extreme (From my encounters) But I am not sure how to reply them though =\

Help!
RE: [Help!]What do you with Xtians forcing their religion down your throat?
"Then what's the purpose of living life? You have no purpose do you?" reply: I don't need to serve a tyrannical overlord to give meaning to my life, I am proud of who I am and my beleifs are grounded in reality. The universe itself is beautiful without adding magic into the picture and that you are making blind assumptions about my life only reassures me that I made the right choice.

"Something is wrong with you and you need to think about it. The worst kind of people are those who know they are wrong yet think they are okay" reply: I have thought about it, that's why I am an atheist. The real worst kind of people are those who are so sure they are right that they cannot imagine being wrong. Theres a quote 'When you're so sure you're right, you end up so very wrong'. I don't 'know I'm wrong', thanks for making an ungrounded assumption about me without anything to back it up. You want to sit down and talk reasonably, sure but, get off your god-horse, show some common decency and stop making assumptions about something you know nothing about.

Alternatively you can always send em my way, I'd love to set em straight, both examples you gave were nothing short of an attempt to bully and harass you. They have no right to speak to you like that or make such wild assumptions of your character. They are probably beyond talking to normally because they really are the worst kind of people. Not because they're christian but, for the abovementioned reasons. In fact for the same reasons they are decidedly UNlike their Christ, he would be ashamed to see them if he did exist in the way they claim.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Question: "Then what's the purpose of living life? You have no purpose do you?"

Answer: "The purpose of my life is to attempt to convince people like you to raise their consciousness and to open your mind to the real and awesome beauty of the Cosmos rather than to bury your heads in the sands of superstition and delusion. Come and join me and you will discover that the true nature of things is far more incredible and satisfying than anything your archaic, arrogant and nonsensical philosophy can ever provide."
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I usually just skip to the end with "Go suck [insert name of their God]'s cock!"
(February 13, 2009 at 7:30 pm)infidel666 Wrote: I usually just skip to the end with "Go suck [insert name of their God]'s cock!"

I must admit I get rather too easily to the abuse stage these days ... it's just so damned tiresome dealing with all the crap in between when you pretty much know how it will end.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(February 13, 2009 at 2:22 am)funnyguy Wrote: "Then what's the purpose of living life? You have no purpose do you?"
Living life is a purpose in itself. I will lead my own life, I will lead a good life, I will lead a moral life and I will do it because I choose to, not because I'm spinelessly submitting to the will of others.
(February 13, 2009 at 2:22 am)funnyguy Wrote: "Something is wrong with you and you need to think about it. The worst kind of people are those who know they are wrong yet think they are okay"
There is something wrong with you. You wish to make me believe in your fairy tales, you believe in miracles, you're scared of the invisible and unprovable. You're wrong yet you think you're OK.
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
Well what I'm going to say is NOT going to be something exact and specific and pithy I'm afraid. If you're interesting you can just read on because if I can help I would simply want you to get the idea of the kind of things you can say.

You can of course paraphrase it and shorten it however you want.

IF you want to use any of it that is.

I would sort of say something like the following - although if I was actually there I would probably have to shorten it! But here's my arguments summed up I think.

Quote:"Then what's the purpose of living life? You have no purpose do you?"

Why would there be any ULTIMATE purpose to life? There is no evidence for any and wanting there to be one does not make one - for everybody I mean.

Its typical of humans to think they're so special that they have some ultimate purpose for them, isn't it? We are 'just' evolved living things like every other living thing. It's important for us to see purpose in things but sometimes there just isn't any ultimate purpose. I think its better perhaps to ask "How are we here" than "Why are we here?", although I guess the former is almost certainly basically answered now (i.e evolution. But we don't know the origin of life or the universe exactly - thats true! But we almost certainly no the process, at least that: life evolves and it evolves smoothly and can evolve from species to species, etc. Its a continuum

As for my purpose - I have the purpose I give myself like everybody else - although some people actually do believe they don't have any. And some people of course - mostly religious people I would wager - believe there is an ultimate purpose and they haven't/don't actually give themselves one.

Quote:"Something is wrong with you and you need to think about it. The worst kind of people are those who know they are wrong yet think they are okay"

You merely asserting that something is wrong with me certainly does not make it so in and of itself. That's no argument at all.

What exactly is wrong with me? Well I mean I think there are some things wrong with everyone - nobody's perfect. But what are you referring to exactly? And how wrong is wrong? Is it per chance because I don't hold a certain belief or beliefs that you hold? That's your problem not mine - I try not to believe in things without evidence - especially totally ridiculous myths.

I put evidence above faith. Way above in fact. In fact I don't give 'faith' any real value.

I would agree that people who 'know' they are wrong but go on pretending anyway can be a problem for others and themselves sometimes.

But I wouldn't say they were THE WORST kind of people!

And how do I know that you're not one of them anyway?

Well I must say I actually rather enjoyed arguing with this hypothetical religious person. Was kind of one-sided though...but oh well.

I say "this" like he's still here lol!

Anyway, I hope you can find any of that useful mate.

EvF
Lots of great examples for those specific attacks. I think it's important to use this as an example that no matter what they say theres a reply, their bullying may appear difficult to handle but, eventually you get so used to them and know the responces so well that you can beat them back without a sweat.

Pointing people here is also an option, tell them you have some friends you'd like them to meet, we'll blow apart any argument they have.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me understand you better pokey555 12 1787 August 10, 2021 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1462 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 12031 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4241 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3200 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  IF you deconverted in midlife, can you help? Dragonfly 222 27582 December 18, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Are Xtians So Stupid? Minimalist 31 4341 October 7, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4478 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2773 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4477 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue