Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess I have to do this...
I guess I have to do this...
Hi, everyone!

I believe that a brief personal statement is the accepted first post, right? Well, here it is:

1. Male, College Professor (Engineering), traded my Mouseketeer membership card for the standard AARP.
2. Raised Catholic, quit as soon as I figured it out (I was 13 - but then again, it's not like it is a hard thing to do!).
3. Married, wife (Psychologist) + two daughters (Lawyer, M.D.)
4. I live in NY.

So there!
“Millions of New Yorkers are good with God. Are you good with God?"
Poster Ad in the Staten Island Ferry terminal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And if you are, are you also good with the Tooth Fairy? How about the Easter Bunny?"
My proposed addendum
RE: I guess I have to do this...
Very succinct. I can tell you're an engineer.

Where in NY? I lived on Long Island for 55 years before trading it in to live in this red-state hellhole that is Arizona.

(However, the weather is nice.)
Welcome Chido! Big Grin

An impressive combined income you must have?
Nice name.
Welcome Smile
(May 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm)Chido-Wan Kenobi Wrote: Hi, everyone!

I believe that a brief personal statement is the accepted first post, right? Well, here it is:

1. Male, College Professor (Engineering), traded my Mouseketeer membership card for the standard AARP.
2. Raised Catholic, quit as soon as I figured it out (I was 13 - but then again, it's not like it is a hard thing to do!).
3. Married, wife (Psychologist) + two daughters (Lawyer, M.D.)
4. I live in NY.

So there!

So, Elitist prick in other words?

Big Grin

Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forums, don't mind the troll poo scattered about, we're fairly good at cleaning most of it up. Feel free to lurk or post till your heart's content.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Welcome! You have an übercute avatar ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

So you're the sausage dog of evil then?

Nice......

P.s hi from Oz

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome
Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

Hell yeah..thats some pretty good stats you have there.

Welcome to the club

Do you have any good Catholic jokes to share with us ..you know..kind of break the ice?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello again i guess? SlowCalculations 8 938 May 31, 2019 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Alan V
  My Introduction, I guess NickPercent 18 3516 January 27, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Antares
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3888 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  Yeah, I'm a Pratchett nut, how'd you guess? GUBU 16 2987 September 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  So I guess I'm an Atheist? Shinagami 83 10360 August 30, 2015 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  I guess I should introduce myself cocunningham 26 3859 May 31, 2015 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Secular Elf
  I guess I'm agnostic? gubeym 19 3748 May 27, 2015 at 1:11 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I guess this is where I start? Outtahere 43 7253 February 15, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I'm back, I guess. Endo 17 3100 July 25, 2014 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  I guess this is where I tell you about myself... May.Loves 8 2131 March 18, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Cyberman