Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP Rant- Christians, Stop Spreading LIES
PP Rant- Christians, Stop Spreading LIES
My crazy christian aunt posted this to her facebook today:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Plann...jzDMNlqQeA

When I posted a comment stating that I work for planned parenthood, and the claim that planned parenthood doesn't do mammograms is FALSE, she did what any christian would do, and deleted it. The truth, you see, doesn't align with their campaign to get the world believing that all planned parenthood does is kill babies.

For those of you whom don't know, planned parenthood offers a lot of services.

We do free screening for STD's such as HIV.
pregnancy tests
breast and prostate exams.
contraceptives, no questions asked.
anemia testing
cholesterol screening
diabetes screening
physical exams, including for employment and sports
flu vaccines
help with quitting smoking
high blood pressure screening
tetanus vaccines
thyroid screening

We offer counseling, free of charge, for people who have body image disorders, confusion over sexual orientation, pregnant, grieving over miscarriages, grieving over the death of a loved one, or dealing with diseases and cancer.

I specialize in pregnancy crisis, but I do counsel women who are fighting breast cancer that they wouldn't know they had if not for planned parenthood.

It really pisses me off that these people are trying to get people to stop donating money to the Susan B Komen Foundation because they help planned parenthood! Planned Parenthood does so much more than abortions. Even so, we offer women a SAFE place where they can terminate their pregnancy if that is their choice.

Whether the christians like it or not, we help people without judging them. Most of the people we help are their children who came to us because they have nowhere else to go. Their churches judge and humiliate them, their parents do even worse, and we don't. Unconditional support is all you will find at Planned Parenthood!

Anyway, thank you for reading my rant!

RE: PP Rant- Christians, Stop Spreading LIES
Keep up the good work. You provide an excellent service. Smile
Those same Christian fuckers have also brought their own children to those clinics because whatever THEY do is perfectly fine - it's what everyone ELSE does that's the problem.

While I take issue with people needing pink ribbons all over EVERYTHING (or those stupid sexually-ambiguous facebook statuses about bra color or whatever to "raise awareness"), it's absolutely abhorrent to suggest people stop contributing financially (hopefully directly and not through dust collectors) towards an organization fighting a terrible disease.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
"If god didn't want you to have cancer, you wouldn't have gotten cancer."

I don't know who said that, but it's both disgusting and funny.

Disgusting because it was a christian who said it, and funny because it's not like "good christians" don't get cancer, or like the person who said it won't get cancer.

Check out this guy! Omg! Listen until the end because he says some really stupid shit in the last few seconds. Epic stupid.

http://www.godvine.com/Man-Dying-of-Canc...o-258.html

I feel bad for the dude, but shit. I understand religion helps people get through things, but that just made no sense at all.

You folks do heroic work. I hated to hear about the cutbacks to local PP offices. They run on a shoestring as it is.

Just another thing to hate about the fucksticks called xtians.
Trying to update my sig ...
They'll put whatever religious spin they can on it to make themselves feel better.
I want their fucking myth cycle revoked.
Trying to update my sig ...
That, for some reason, was an epic response.
When I graduate and start teaching I will still work there as a volunteer.

Quote:You provide an excellent service

Which is more than one can say for the jesus freaks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spreading Holiday Jeer. Gawdzilla Sama 0 304 October 15, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 754 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I have decided to stop writing poetry. Brian37 0 289 April 1, 2018 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10492 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Stop the presses, Mr Agenda's rep is about to go three digits - rep whoring op! Whateverist 34 6378 July 9, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  How Long Does Someone Have to be Dead Before People stop Referring to them as Late? Rhondazvous 10 3091 May 18, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2210 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9539 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9268 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Late night rant geckomamasita 1 1264 October 4, 2015 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Alex K