Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 24, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump?
RE: Trump?
He's a belligerent buffoon, nothing more. In addition, his surname sounds like a cow with digestive trouble ('Watch yerself, Mick! That cow's about to Trump!!').

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Would a remedy/punishment for Trump's astonishing misogyny be for Helen Thomas to administer Derby's Dose ?

(any newbies here, a friendly reminder, don't EVER Google words I use that are unfamiliar to you)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

and now I'm craving an asparagus and cuttlefish salad . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I’ve heard the guy making fun of people’s looks multiple times now. He’s like a 5th grader. How anyone can consider him presidential material is beyond me. He’s a total dick, and doesn’t know what he’s doing. He likes to say he’s a businessman. While he did make some money, he bankrupted his companies 4 different times. That’s not someone that should be in charge of America.

All he says is, “I’ll get along with people” “I’ll get along with him” “This world is a mess” “I’m going to build a wall” He couldn’t give any specifics of a plan when it came to Russia or any other foreign affairs multiple times. Rubio actually seemed like he knew what was going on around the world during the last debate. Trump reminds me of an Obama while he was campaigning (a little bit). Obama was hope, change, and unity, and barely any plans (but, then again, I was only exposed to FOX). The plans that I did remember hearing didn’t come through. Obama wasn’t a total dick and a narcissist though, and he actually had some intelligence. I don't think Trump knows what he's doing. Obama at least had a clue, this guy doesn't have one anywhere in his brain.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Quote:How anyone can consider him presidential material is beyond me.

You have to see the voters that are left in the republicunt party.

[Image: 29AD50C000000578-3126728-Fanclub_Crowds_...839934.jpg]
I think what the Trump phenomenon demonstrates is that there is a great desire within a certain segment of the American Right for a charismatic strongman as leader, despite their insistence that they are really in favor of "restoring" America to its republican glory. That Trump is so far from embodying such a figure only underscores how ridiculous and moronic his supporters actually are.
(September 19, 2015 at 4:14 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I think what the Trump phenomenon demonstrates is that there is a great desire within a certain segment of the American Right for a charismatic strongman as leader, despite their insistence that they are really in favor of "restoring" America to its republican glory. That Trump is so far from embodying such a figure only underscores how ridiculous and moronic his supporters actually are.

This.

That's spot-on to my evaluation of the situation. Americans are beginning to notice their post-WW2 hegemony slipping away, and seek a "return to greatness" (this falsely assumes that America must effectively dominate the world in order to be "great"), which to them means someone who is both dominant/aggressive and a wealthy businessman (capitalism being the perceived basis of our success on the world stage, during that time period).

I don't think we're in any danger of becoming the next Nazi Germany, or even quite Putin's Russia, but I do see some dangerous steps in those directions in the fact that so many Americans can support a man who is so obviously unqualified and possible unstable.

While we tend to laugh at right-wing pundits like Glenn Beck, I don't think he's wrong when he says that Trump is serving as a distraction for the media to chase after, like throwing a stick past a dog, so they'll chase stories about him instead of digging as thoroughly into the better-suited GOP candidates. Keep in mind that at this point in the last election cycle, Michelle Bachman had Trump-esque polling numbers.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Would Trump essentially be America's answer to Boris Yeltsin ?

(September 18, 2015 at 6:54 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(September 15, 2015 at 11:29 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: The rest of the world will point and laugh.

They've already been doing that for the last seven years since el baracko's been in office. We have a way to go yet before the election. I'm going to wait and see which candidate I'm going to support. So far I'm not impressed. I won't support Kasich, for sure. I voted for him as Ohio's Representative to Congress, and I voted for him for Ohio's Governor, but he won't have my vote for President. He's too moderate, along with Jeb Bush....and I don't care much for Trump, either.

Hitler, Mussolini, and George Wallace aren't on the ballot.  So you're going to have to go with a moderate or not vote at all.
(September 19, 2015 at 4:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How anyone can consider him presidential material is beyond me.

You have to see the voters that are left in the republicunt party.

[Image: 29AD50C000000578-3126728-Fanclub_Crowds_...839934.jpg]

They look like Jim Crow babies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1165 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37211 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3242 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4280 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1732 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1301 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32