Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delicate Offers a Truce
RE: Delicate Offers a Truce
(December 28, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 7:27 pm)Heat Wrote: Stop trying to turn the tables, this reversal trick you keep trying is incredibly annoying. Either pick an existing claim from an atheist and attempt to disprove it(Which still wouldn't make your belief any more valid), or try to prove your own claim, the fact that you keep dodging this evidence of god being asked for repeatedly is starting to unveil the curtains in to your insecurity about the authenticity and validity it has in the first place.
Well you claim you have valid objections to theistic arguments. I want to see your objections. Any objection to any argument.

Then I can either admit it's successful, or refute it.

Without you being able to provide an objection, we can't have a conversation.
1. What theistic arguments are you referring to

2. How can I object to theistic arguments that don't exist

3. A confident person does not require someone else to make arguments for them, in order to reply to objections.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 28, 2015 at 7:40 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 7:36 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Why don't you go there, then?
Who says I don't?

If you do, it's not nearly enough.

Btw, are you capable of answering a question with a straightforward reply? Or without a ballsack? 
Grrrr! I haven't forgotten that!
(December 28, 2015 at 7:35 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Heat Wrote: How fucking ignorant, and misinformed are you?

1. Theism is REQUIRED to prove it's validity, otherwise atheism is the DEFAULT POSITION.

2. ATHEISM DOES NOT CLAIM A GOD DAMNED THING, STOP REINFORCING THIS WILLFULLY IGNORANT THEISTIC NOTION THAT IT DOES.
I think 1 and 2 are false. I've explained why elsewhere.
You are sincerely wrong then, and I would like a reference to your explanation so I can correct you.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 28, 2015 at 7:22 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 6:38 pm)pocaracas Wrote: By definition, atheists don't make claims... well, at least, concerning divinities. It is the non-acceptance of the claims made by theists that define the atheist.

On the other hand, atheists, like all other humans, make claims about many things and some of those are entirely based on faulty reasoning, yes.
We are humans, after all. Shy
I disagree and I've laid out why elsewhere.

Very well... Mind giving me a link to that place?
I'm on my phone and searching with little more than your username is a pain.
(December 28, 2015 at 7:39 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 7:27 pm)Heat Wrote: Stop trying to turn the tables, this reversal trick you keep trying is incredibly annoying. Either pick an existing claim from an atheist and attempt to disprove it(Which still wouldn't make your belief any more valid), or try to prove your own claim, the fact that you keep dodging this evidence of god being asked for repeatedly is starting to unveil the curtains in to your insecurity about the authenticity and validity it has in the first place.
Well you claim you have valid objections to theistic arguments. I want to see your objections. Any objection to any argument.

Then I can either admit it's successful, or refute it.

Without you being able to provide an objection, we can't have a conversation.

It's not up to us to bring up a particular argument then refute it.

It is up to you to defend your claims with evidence and reason, then it is up to us refute them, or concede.

Every time, and I do mean every time, I ever attempt to define the god a theist believes in, then refute the arguments for that god, the theist will claim that is not the god they believe exists.

You do know there are 33,000 Christian sects, right? How are we able to guess which flavor you follow and how you define your god?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(December 28, 2015 at 7:59 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Btw, are you capable of answering a question with a straightforward reply?

Obviously not. That much should be clear by now.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Why does this thread exist? Huh
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(December 28, 2015 at 11:08 pm)Pizza Wrote: Why does this thread exist? Huh

Because mind fuckery that's why.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It exists as a reminder of what happens if you don't eat your veggies!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 28, 2015 at 11:08 pm)Pizza Wrote: Why does this thread exist? Huh
Once upon a time a lion decided to venture out of his den. The lion did not anticipate that his prey would be directly next to a bear cave. The lion attempted to gently back away and apologize for intruding, remaining nearly silent, however it was too late, the lion made the same stupid mistake again and ended up backing in to a hunter's bear trap that was set not ten feet away from the bear cave, and was consequently violently trapped by it's stupidity while all the bears hurdled around the lion stuck in the trap and gently pawed at it, taunting, laughing on the inside as it stood there trapped with no where to go, as it finally met its inevitable doom.
Which is better:

The choice is yours. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Atheism based on evidence, offers spiritual fulfillment Nobody 11 4990 March 2, 2013 at 5:17 am
Last Post: Esquilax