Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 12:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boin-ney, did I say it right?
RE: Boin-ney, did I say it right?
(March 14, 2016 at 12:59 pm)Chas Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 1:37 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: Just so Dirch is aware:

[Image: reagan-taliban.jpg]

George W. Bush kissing the biggest financier of "Radical Islam" ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMlIsd0seo

Who is Roland Reagan?  Huh

Regan used the Taliban to fight a proxy war against the USSR Like they used the Vietnamese to fight a proxy war against us. Like with the Vietnamese Regan turned a 'policing action' for the russians into a war of attrition that they lost. Ultimately contributing to the economic crash and restructuring of Russia. Regan was indeed correct when He compared The Taliban to the Colonial Army. In that they were fighting for their interdependence from their russian colonization. However Regan was not a prophet and did not know they would turn on us. After all we did not turn on the french after the help us kick the red coats back into the sea.

The Taliban's treachery is a testament to their own wickness, not to Regan's desire to help free a Nation.
(March 14, 2016 at 12:47 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(March 14, 2016 at 11:05 am)Rhythm Wrote: Is that what Trump will do?  That would be disastrous for the US, as it's been every time we, or anyone else..has tried it.  Protectionism appeals to our self interest well enough, it just doesn't serve it.

I thought the republican party was the party of sound fiscal planning?  What happened?

Most people that like Trump also dislike the Republican Party. Trumps ideas are not mainstream republican shit.

I personally don't like the Republican Party. I don't like the Democratic Party either though. Both of them have puppet strings on them.

Do you also like disastrous trade policies, or are you banking on the fact that Trump is full of shit?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 14, 2016 at 1:44 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(March 14, 2016 at 12:47 pm)KUSA Wrote: Most people that like Trump also dislike the Republican Party. Trumps ideas are not mainstream republican shit.

I personally don't like the Republican Party. I don't like the Democratic Party either though. Both of them have puppet strings on them.

Do you also like disastrous trade policies, or are you banking on the fact that Trump is full of shit?

such as?
(March 14, 2016 at 9:56 am)Drich Wrote: So Apple, Google, Microsoft, Ford, GM etc... We should let them all just go??? Do you think we could survive without them and the trillions the generater and dump back intoo this country every year??

If they are underpaying (or not paying) taxes, then they are only existing here because those of us who actually do pay taxes are subsidizing them.

Quote:Which is Exactly what trump says he will do.. "Make it too expensive to do business over seas, and yet make it more affordable to do business here."

Trump wants to make doing business 'affordable' via tax breaks and depleting wages. In other words, his solution is "let's make the problem worse".
(March 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(March 14, 2016 at 9:56 am)Drich Wrote: So Apple, Google, Microsoft, Ford, GM etc... We should let them all just go??? Do you think we could survive without them and the trillions the generater and dump back intoo this country every year??

If they are underpaying (or not paying) taxes, then they are only existing here because those of us who actually do pay taxes are subsidizing them.

Yet another reason why, on the computing front, anyway, supporting open source is the best solution long term.  No corporate giants hording your info or browsing data, and a more secure system out of the box besides.  Moreover, there are many linux environments that emulate Windows 7 and OSX.  I could put linux on my other family members' computers and for 90%-95% of what they do daily, they wouldn't miss a beat.  The biggest gap for general use is in gaming, and Valve/Steam is working to bridge it.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(March 14, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: Regan used the Taliban to fight a proxy war against the USSR Like they used the Vietnamese to fight a proxy war against us.
What business did Regan have in Afghanistan? Why squander money in such a far away country? Some would say a blinding hatred of Communism. At the time, the Taliban were armed and financed by Saudi and Pakistan also, two terrible countries. Majority of the Afghans don't like the Taliban.

The Taliban took away their televisions and their Buzkashi and before the Taliban women could get an education! The Communists overthrew the unpopular Shah and they did so much to improve the country. Regan comes along and finances some Jihadis who wanted to ruin Afghanistan. Of course they wanted to impose Sharia and marginalize people; they were financed by Saudi!

(March 14, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: Likke with the Vietnamese Regan turned a 'policing action' for the russians into a war of attrition that they lost. Ultimately contributing to the economic crash and restructuring of Russia. Regan was indeed correct when He compared The Taliban to the Colonial Army.
No, Regan was be willfully ignorant. You seem to be suggesting that supporting "Militant Islam" is absolutely fine if the end justifies the means. The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality is what gave the Taliban and AL-Qaeda power. The United States loves war. That's why people hate the United States.

(March 14, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: In that they were fighting for their interdependence from their russian colonization. However Regan was not a prophet and did not know they would turn on us. After all we did not turn on the french after the help us kick the red coats back into the sea.

The Taliban's treachery is a testament to their own wickness, not to Regan's desire to help free a Nation.
The Russians/Soviets weren't colonizing Afghanistan. They were helping out an ally. And you're saying Regan didn't know who he was dealing with? Regan loved the al-Saudi, the Fascists that rule Saudi, just as much as George W. Bush did. I would like to dispel the notion that President Regan didn't know what he was doing: He knew exactly what he was doing.

Apparently it's fine if Regan supports "Radical Islam"; that's all I understood from your post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQI02pVH1jc

(March 14, 2016 at 12:53 pm)Chas Wrote:
(March 11, 2016 at 1:21 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It is extremely difficult to make over 80k a year without one. It is not absolutely necessary, no, but not having one restricts your career choices immensely.

I know people in the trades who are doing better than that.
I never said it was impossible. But even the skilled trades here at the General Motors plant require at least an associates degree for new hires.

The marketplace is changing. Telling me that 20 years ago you didn't need a degree to make decent money doesn't change the job market that exists today.

When I got out of the Navy with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering and having passed the FE exam and couldn't get a job in the field because I was in the Navy and not in the field, I was told that a Master's would make sense. Now I'm back in school and have my foot in the job market at all times.

There are certainly great jobs out there that do not require a degree. The vast majority of the career fields, however, require a degree of some sort.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 14, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: If they are underpaying (or not paying) taxes, then they are only existing here because those of us who actually do pay taxes are subsidizing them.
Are you kidding me???
How many people do you think they employ directly and indirectly 1000, 10,000 100,000? How many make over 80K? Not to mention how many other companies who get no tax breaks do they sub contract to? how many people do they employ? and so on. Apple alone made 79.5 Billion in one QUARTER! 18 billion was what should be made taxable. the rest Apple dumped into production costs, which means 60 billion when into parts, assemblies, promotion, shipping, labor ect in just one quarter, all of which as it trickles down into it's various set of vendors and sub set of vendors get taxed over and over again. So in just 3 month's time you want to give away almost 60 billion in potential revenue, because apple gets a break on 18 billion in direct taxes?

See this is why we need a business man/Billionaire setting the taxable interests of the country, rather than some hippy douche. The Hippy douche can't see past the surface and will always go after and consume a few hand fulls of the visible peanuts. Rather than plant them and reap several fields worth a peanuts at the end of the season. Business is a delicate give and take, you have to give/plant before you can take. If you take now and don't seed your field then you will have nothing to reap in the future.

Quote:Trump wants to make doing business 'affordable' via tax breaks and depleting wages. In other words, his solution is "let's make the problem worse".
That's not true.
if your interested this is his tax plan: FYI from 0 to 25K/50K (Single/Married) pays no tax, No business pays more than 15% tax, highest taxable rates 25% on the population.

Trump is going to take the tax burden off 50% of the population all together. That is upto a 25% pay increase that fall in the 25/50K range! and upto a 40% increase to those who make more!

Trump is planing to take the money out of the hands of the government and putting back in the hands of the people where it belongs!!!
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform
(March 14, 2016 at 7:22 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: [quote='Drich' pid='1225589' dateline='1457977257']
Regan used the Taliban to fight a proxy war against the USSR Like they used the Vietnamese to fight a proxy war against us.
Quote:What business did Regan have in Afghanistan?
See the bold bit above.
Quote: Why squander money in such a far away country? Some would say a blinding hatred of Communism.
If you did not grow up in the 60, 70s, 80s it is hard to understand the looming fear the cold war had on people.
This was a move to (through attrition) to cause the soviets to spend tremendous amounts of time, money, resources and man power (like they made us spend in Vietnam by supporting the North Vietnamese) fighting a revolutionary war, rather than fighting us directly. we always feared/were told the next war would/could only be nuclear. However if we got the Russians to fight in a place where they couldn't use their arsenal and did not fear a nuclear attack from their enemys then they would be forced to fight a conventional war. Which the Russians while prepared to do, they could not sustain a prolonged attacked because their weapons and gear were all about fighting a nuclear war. So this conventional war was very very costly because they were not truly ready to fight it. Again this action (along with several others) lead to the ultimate demise of the USSR.

Quote:At the time, the Taliban were armed and financed by Saudi and Pakistan also, two terrible countries. Majority of the Afghans don't like the Taliban.
which were also armed by us...
Quote:The Taliban took away their televisions and their Buzkashi and before the Taliban women could get an education! The Communists overthrew the unpopular Shah and they did so much to improve the country. Regan comes along and finances some Jihadis who wanted to ruin Afghanistan. Of course they wanted to impose Sharia and marginalize people; they were financed by Saudi!
What regan did was take the country and attempt to give it back to it's people rather than be oppressed by Russian rule. Regan would have no way of knowing that
people (after kicking out the russians) would fail to properly organize and elect to appoint one tryant after another.
Good bad or indifferent, their government reflects the will of the people now not the will of another country.

(March 14, 2016 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: Likke with the Vietnamese Regan turned a 'policing action' for the russians into a war of attrition that they lost. Ultimately contributing to the economic crash and restructuring of Russia. Regan was indeed correct when He compared The Taliban to the Colonial Army.
Quote:No, Regan was be willfully ignorant. You seem to be suggesting that supporting "Militant Islam" is absolutely fine if the end justifies the means.
In 1979/1980 their wasn't a militant islam. Their was the Afghani people and a political movement of the Taliban who want to exile the russian goverment (much like the Republic of South Vietnam and the republic of South Korea) We did in Afghanistan in the 80's what we did for those Asian nations.

Quote:The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" mentality is what gave the Taliban and AL-Qaeda power. The United States loves war. That's why people hate the United States.
The united States loves freedom and simply tried to give 'freedom' to apparently inherently evil people.

Quote:The Russians/Soviets weren't colonizing Afghanistan. They were helping out an ally. And you're saying Regan didn't know who he was dealing with? Regan loved the al-Saudi, the Fascists that rule Saudi, just as much as George W. Bush did. I would like to dispel the notion that President Regan didn't know what he was doing: He knew exactly what he was doing.

Apparently it's fine if Regan supports "Radical Islam"; that's all I understood from your post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQI02pVH1jc
Your right he did know what he was doing, he was giving the country back to it's people. Again their wasn't 'radical Islam' in 1980. It was simply Islam.
An example of "Militant Islam" in 1979/1980. The Grand Mosque Seizure was a terrorist act committed in 1979. Since I have found an example of "Militant Islam" in 1979, your claim is totally wrong: "In 1979/1980 their wasn't a militant islam" is false.

Anyway, the United States has propped up many dictators and has sought to overthrow lots popular governments, so I think it's rather hypocritical to say the Soviets were only evil ones. 1973 in Chile, United Stats overthrew the democratically elected government of Chile in a coup and in 1971 they supported Pakistan as they committed genocide in Bangladesh (that was Henry Kissinger). You think the Hindus liked being slaughtered?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2569 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Democrats Say Don't Support Independents Except... ReptilianPeon 0 404 October 7, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Say Something Nice About President Trump BrianSoddingBoru4 177 17160 June 26, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Wow Can't Say I Disagree Minimalist 10 3230 December 13, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  So lets say Trump gets impeached, what happens next? NuclearEnergy 23 5517 July 11, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lets say Hillary won NuclearEnergy 4 1072 June 2, 2017 at 9:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  If there would be a depression, what would Trump say if he ran for reelection? Jehanne 26 3335 February 27, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: scoobysnack
  Trump supporters, what have you to say about the interview in the New Yorker? Whateverist 15 2492 July 19, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  I Wonder How You Say Minimalist 1 586 June 8, 2016 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  And the Bankers Say "Fuck 'Em!" Minimalist 13 4082 December 5, 2013 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy