Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transexuals
RE: Transexuals
(May 17, 2016 at 9:27 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 10:51 am)Drich Wrote: Transsexuals suffer from a diagnosable affliction called Gender dysphoria or gender identity disorder. So then how is this not a mental illness if the word/term mental illness literally means:

Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.
(as per the Mayo clinic)

If this is a mental disorder, then why do we allow the patients to run the asylum? Why do we have mentally compromised people trying to set a national policy that allows them to indulge their disorder?

would we allow people afflicted with Munchhausen access to their kids? Or if you want to look at other people who just hurt themselves, would we allow people who want to cut themselves places they could do so?

God damned it drippy! You should have your pecker inverted for being such a bigot. That way you would understand what it's like. Check your privilege bro!

Wow, you are one to talk, you think Trump's base supports LGBT rights, look at the party he's running for. Farts News and the GOP flipped out when the Secret Kenyan Muslim got elected. Hypocrite much?
(May 23, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Wow, you are one to talk, you think Trump's base supports LGBT rights, look at the party he's running for.

It's not even the party that's worst. It's the so called base that's against everything they don't understand and is above the paygrade of their brain cells in any case. People are mostly uneducated or outright stupid. They listen to their fears and prejudices. That's what the likes of Trump serve on a silver platter. It's also the secret of his success. But Trump isn't an American phenomenon. Primitivity has it's day all around the globe these days.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Transexuals
(May 23, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 17, 2016 at 9:27 pm)KUSA Wrote: God damned it drippy! You should have your pecker inverted for being such a bigot. That way you would understand what it's like. Check your privilege bro!

Wow, you are one to talk, you think Trump's base supports LGBT rights, look at the party he's running for. Farts News and the GOP flipped out when the Secret Kenyan Muslim got elected. Hypocrite much?

I don't like Trump anymore. Go Bernie!
(May 23, 2016 at 5:58 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(May 23, 2016 at 5:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Wow, you are one to talk, you think Trump's base supports LGBT rights, look at the party he's running for. Farts News and the GOP flipped out when the Secret Kenyan Muslim got elected. Hypocrite much?

I don't like Trump anymore. Go Bernie!

Pfft, you commie. Tongue
(April 11, 2016 at 7:48 pm)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 7:42 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I still think it would be a good idea to have a small private bathroom. Not only for transgender folks who haven't done reassignment yet, but for people with other difficult circumstances. Like perhaps a mother with a fully grown son who has down syndrome and can't use the bathroom alone.

Doesn't this also create a stigmata? It in a way requires you to announce something that is private. Imagine if before you used the bathroom you had to shout out "I'm Gay!" or something equally invasive? By forcing a group of people to behave differently from you, and from how they see and understand themselves you singling them out for special treatment. Isn't that close to the definition of discrimination?

Haha sorry, just noticed that one from waaaay back. Big Grin

(April 11, 2016 at 9:07 pm)Goosebump Wrote:
(April 11, 2016 at 8:58 pm)paulpablo Wrote: It really depends on what stage this transitioned person is and how much they still look like a man and how practical it is for them to go barging into a woman's toilets.

I think this is part of the problem. The way it's seen. I can't imagine somebody going threw transitional shit would be oh so confident to "barge" into much, let alone a bathroom.

I have a spare bathroom at my place, anyone welcome.
Having lived in Germany for 10 years, there are plenty of public swimming pools with unisex changing rooms, I don't recall being in fear of being raped or accosted by a horny LGBT person, heterosexual person, religious person of Catholic priest. I am talking about 'open' changing rooms too, no cubicles. Sure, I checked out a few ladies. I hope they checked me out too. As a middle-aged male, I don't actually find most naked bodies attractive, male or female. None of this makes me feel uncomfortable in the slightest. Which leads me to suspect that all this scaremongering is down to an individual's own insecurity about their sexuality, their attractiveness, physical appearance or whatever.

So stop trying to project your own insecurities on to other people please.

And it's pretty terrible that Drich started this thread, claiming to be tackling it from a scientific / psychiatric point of view, when in fact it has EVERYTHING to do with his religious beliefs - finally, finally I have found some scientific material to back up my bible-based moral standpoint!

I am wondering if someone with bulimia should be allowed to make policy decisions? Or Tourette's? That could be relatively amusing.
Yeah. It would be nice to have a religious person come into this thread and support trans people. Surely there must be one such theist on the site who doesn't feel the need to discriminate.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
-but rapists, and the ambiguity of words.........and such like!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I assume this was already posted on this thread somewhere but excuse me for not finding it. Regardless this cracked me up and could probably bear being posted a couple more times too.

https://youtu.be/bKYE4xtJ09A

I wonder .. Rhythm, that you?
Nope. IIRC Rhythm is more red than that.