Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet pleasures
RE: Pet pleasures
(June 2, 2016 at 2:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: This is Brinkley.

I had the pleasure of delivering her to her new Forever Home a couple of days ago.  She walked right in and took over.

[Image: brinks1.jpg]

She's gorgeous!

You're not kidding, though. This is one of mine as well.

I helped foster Linus (his name was Peyton), and this little dog is awesome, and to see him make some little boy so happy just makes it almost seem selfish, fostering pups. That dog came from a high kill shelter, and now he has a best friend for life.

https://youtu.be/xOF5XGH4-K0
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 2, 2016 at 7:31 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 2, 2016 at 6:58 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_..._V:_Skyrim

Yeah, I thought about doing the Wiki thing, thought I'd rather open a conversation.

I could tell you a lot about why I like Skyrim - and some of my other favorite games. But it would probably require a separate thread. Or a hide in this one.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I'd totally play Skyrim if it wasn't for the spiders. They make any game unplayable for me, that's how bad my phobia is
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

There are mods for that. They change the spiders to wolves or bears.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I get a lot of pleasure discovering a tv series, podcast series, or things like that.

It's good when you have a break from one, come back and realize there's loads just been released that you haven't seen.

I just did this today with Louis theroux's documentary series.  3 Whole new episodes I hadn't seen.  I felt like a fat kid whose face has just flopped down onto a whole mess of chocolate cake, I just gorged for hours.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Going through a whole day w/o conflict, especially from my stupidity. Seems rarer and rarer.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(June 3, 2016 at 11:18 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I get a lot of pleasure discovering a tv series, podcast series, or things like that.

It's good when you have a break from one, come back and realize there's loads just been released that you haven't seen.

I just did this today with Louis theroux's documentary series.  3 Whole new episodes I hadn't seen.  I felt like a fat kid whose face has just flopped down onto a whole mess of chocolate cake, I just gorged for hours.

Oooh this happened to me today when I saw that Answer Me This came back from hiatus. Just not worried about it then open my podcatcher and whoop! there's a new AMT.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sleeping in on Saturday morning.

Which I wish I could do, I am able... I'm just not able, Sad My body clock gets into a mode and even though I do not have to get up at 6am on the weekends I still wake up at 6am, it suckith. But I remember what sleeping in was like and it makes me smile. Big Grin
Having a few Lays "biscuits and gravy" chips (crisps) and heading out to watch the Rock and Roll Marathon.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
...and apparently posting in the wrong thread is up there, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Silver 8 649 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 2277 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2586 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 2077 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Pleasures Thumpalumpacus 41 4505 January 4, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 11644 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 7567 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Pet Peeves Thread Edwardo Piet 372 41823 June 9, 2016 at 1:50 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are some of your ultimate guilty pleasures 1994Californication 51 5310 April 3, 2016 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 3200 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13