Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleasures
Pleasures
We've got a thread about the most pain we've felt, so here's the other side of the coin -- what's the most pleasurable experiences you've had in life? Physical or emotional, run with it.

Mine are pretty simple: the birth of my son and being a father, the love of a great woman, being onstage in front of a good audience during a hot set.

RE: Pleasures
The day I dreamed I was flying. After a decade of dreaming I was being chased and unable to run away this dream literally woke me up crying happy tears.

When I realized I was in a healthy relationship finally and not a codependent one like I had been the seven years prior.

When they laid my daughter in my arms after she was born.

This Christmas. Watching my husband hold our daughter, my sister helping our nephew open his Christmas gift, and the rest of the family smiling and laughing. We never have holidays or birthdays without someone fighting and multiple people crying. It's amazing what bringing children into the picture can do for a family.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Are you making a distinction between pleasure (dopamine) and happiness (serotonin)?

Anyway, there's this bar in The Philippines ...

Angel
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
My mom growing up, although we didn't get along as well as we did in her old age, the one thing she did that benefited me and really shaped my liberal attitude, was all the travel. Europe, Florida, NYC, San Fran, San Diego, Chicago.

Every time she came out of a surgery successfully most of all.

But lately, flying my friend John out to visit me this year. Looking forward to visiting my friend Bob in Australia, also planning on visiting John in Oklahoma in the fall, possibly going to a Redskins Dallas game in Dallas. My greatest pleasures really are time with family and friends.

My pet cat Sarah, he also constantly makes me smile.
The day she said 'Yes'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The birth of my son, that moment when I brought him out to meet the rest of his family.

Honorable mention goes to the total solar eclipse of 2017. I have been fortunate to see a lot of natural beauty, but this elusive sight left an indelible impression that I think will not be equalled any time soon.
Being at an Orbital concert. Twice. Spending time with my brother Owen. Having beautiful and emotionally close friendships online.

(January 2, 2018 at 12:18 pm)DLJ Wrote: Are you making a distinction between pleasure (dopamine) and happiness (serotonin)?

Anyway, there's this bar in The Philippines ...

Angel

Technically dopamine isn't the pleasure chemical, it's the pleasure-seeking chemical Wink

Dopamine is why people become addicted to things and keep going even when it's no fun anymore.
I like this thread.

The birth of my two kids.

The first time my little one showed that he understood a face expression. He mimicked it and signaled tears with his hands on his cheeks and asked, “Cry?” Then I knew all the hard work was paying off.

Every time my kids come back to me from their half week with their dad. I always miss them so much and hugging them is the best feeling in the world.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
The anti-Finkle/Inhorn line from Ace Ventura Pet Detective, "PLEASURE, what would you know about PLEASURE"

Ace, "Well, I have kissed a man."
(January 2, 2018 at 11:06 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: We've got a thread about the most pain we've felt, so here's the other side of the coin -- what's the most pleasurable experiences you've had in life? Physical or emotional, run with it.

Mine are pretty simple: the birth of my son and being a father, the love of a great woman, being onstage in front of a good audience during a hot set.

The biggest rush of emotion I ever had was on first seeing my new born son. I never knew I could feel so much.

Two later and its "ok there he is then off down the shops".

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 20515 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  What are some of your ultimate guilty pleasures 1994Californication 51 4708 April 3, 2016 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Guilty pleasures: What low brow pursuits do you have to hide? Whateverist 77 8479 December 19, 2014 at 6:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Guilty Musical Pleasures Kyuuketsuki 33 12538 April 26, 2009 at 4:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet