Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your pet stories.
Your pet stories.
Cat, dog, goldfish, turtle, boa, whatever.

What was or who is your best friend? 

The cat I currently have, I got because my late mother forced me to get a new cat, seeing how depressed I was after the death of my prior cat. We went to a cat rescue adoption charity place locally. 

So I walk into a room full of cats of all sizes and ages, all filling the floor like a rug. I look here and there and cant decide. But out of the corner of my eye/ear, I hear this "MEOW" and out of the corner of my eye I see this microscopic fur ball part the Red Sea of cats, run up to my leg, hug my leg look up to me and "Meow". He was smaller than a Higgs Boson particle. But when he hugged my leg, I looked down at him and said to myself "I'm toast", Meaning he got me, he found me, and I couldn't resist.

What pet, have you had, that you know and see as your best friend?
RE: Your pet stories.
Cyndi, aka TT (Tiny Tiger) hates Boss Lady. She sleeps on my bed when I'm in it and Boss Lady's bed when she's not in it. She hisses at Robin and snuggles up to me.

[Image: n8dHqbf.jpg]
(February 3, 2021 at 1:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Cat, dog, goldfish, turtle, boa, whatever.

What was or who is your best friend? 

The cat I currently have, I got because my late mother forced me to get a new cat, seeing how depressed I was after the death of my prior cat. We went to a cat rescue adoption charity place locally. 

So I walk into a room full of cats of all sizes and ages, all filling the floor like a rug. I look here and there and cant decide. But out of the corner of my eye/ear, I hear this "MEOW" and out of the corner of my eye I see this microscopic fur ball part the Red Sea of cats, run up to my leg, hug my leg look up to me and "Meow". He was smaller than a Higgs Boson particle. But when he hugged my leg, I looked down at him and said to myself "I'm toast", Meaning he got me, he found me, and I couldn't resist.

What pet, have you had, that you know and see as your best friend?

I’ve never had a pet that qualified as my best friend. I find it sad that there are people who feel that way about pets.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I prefer my animals over most people I've encountered.
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 3, 2021 at 2:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’ve never had a pet that qualified as my best friend. I find it sad that there are people who feel that way about pets.

Boru

Same here.  We had a kennel of Shelties where I grew up.  I ran with the pack but it was more of a work relationship.

I kept a huge male, Crunch, out of a litter of Dobies who ended up being my all time favorite pet.  He had more discipline and spirit of cooperation than his more intelligent yet rascally kin.
(February 3, 2021 at 3:16 pm)Ranjr Wrote:
(February 3, 2021 at 2:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I’ve never had a pet that qualified as my best friend. I find it sad that there are people who feel that way about pets.

Boru

Same here.  We had a kennel of Shelties where I grew up.  I ran with the pack but it was more of a work relationship.

I kept a huge male, Crunch, out of a litter of Dobies who ended up being my all time favorite pet.  He had more discipline and spirit of cooperation than his more intelligent yet rascally kin.

I feel you, brother - I ran with a pack of border collies.

Other than my time at university, I’ve never been without pets, and it never fails to tear me up when I lose one. That said, all the best friends I’ve had have always been of the people kind.

Boru
(February 3, 2021 at 3:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(February 3, 2021 at 3:16 pm)Ranjr Wrote: Same here.  We had a kennel of Shelties where I grew up.  I ran with the pack but it was more of a work relationship.

I feel you, brother - I ran with a pack of border collies.

Other than my time at university, I’ve never been without pets, and it never fails to tear me up when I lose one. That said, all the best friends I’ve had have always been of the people kind.

Boru

That explains a lot.

Sad that you stupidly think humans are the only key to friendship.
I have had pets most of my life. It would be difficult to pick one...Josh, the Golden Retriever I had when I first left home was a great dog. My first experience as an adult pet owner, I couldn't have picked a better dog for a first timer.

Over the years my kids and I have had fish, hamsters, turtles, dwarf frogs, cats, dogs of various breeds, and parrots, parakeets, and finches.

I have had a Doberman, German Shepherds, Shelties, Cavaliers, the Golden mentioned above, and mutts. All with their own charm and their own issues.

I suppose I miss Chopper and Lady the most. They kept me company while I was healing from my breast cancer surgeries...if fact, I got Chop 10 days before the first surgery. My heart broke when I lost him so young.

Right now with six pets I really shouldn't pick a favorite, but if I had to it would be Ziggy. He's a sweet boy.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 3, 2021 at 3:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 3, 2021 at 3:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I feel you, brother - I ran with a pack of border collies.

Boru

That explains a lot.

Did I say that humans are the only key to friendship? Did I even imply that? No. I said that no pet I’ve ever had was my BEST friend. I count myself fortunate to have had quite a few friends, some are pets and some are people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2021 at 3:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That explains a lot.

I love dogs.  They are true friends.  I never had a dog that was as much a jackass, dipshit, or bitch as any human friend.

When friends or family are on their last legs, in distress, and near death, I let them suffer.  I take a dog to be euthanized.  Should I rethink that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 509 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  One sentence scary stories Foxaèr 25 1287 August 16, 2023 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2039 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sob stories Cod 11 965 September 30, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 1665 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 10987 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 6621 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Pet pleasures Thumpalumpacus 246 20899 November 12, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  The Pet Peeves Thread Edwardo Piet 372 35471 June 9, 2016 at 1:50 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2883 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13