Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the point in dating single mothers?
RE: What's the point in dating single mothers?
Don't feel bad, I'll take you for a date Sterben. I know how to be a real gentlelady. I'll open your door, and buy you dinner and pay for your drinks and compliment you on how you look. I mean...not every time but I do know how to take someone on a date.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
My favorite kind of date is a highly romantic formal date between people who are not together. My friend Will and I have gone on fancy dates with candlelit dinner and champagne. His boyfriend doesn't mind because well...they're gay and I'm a chick lol

0/10

(June 3, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Sterben Wrote: I'm aware these are people, it's the principle of the matter though. If you barely know a person and their already asking you for money, that's to me a major warning sign. If she just needed me to pick her up, that be a different story. It was not the case though, she was straight forward about yes, I give her credit in that regard. On the other hand though, it was not even a formal date. It was for a simple drink at a bar that was close by.

Hmm... Maybe she didn't want to go out with you and figured out, that if she simply knocked you back, you'd just keep bugging her. She might have known you were a cheap-skate and asked you for money, so that you'd f*ck off and never call her again - which worked flawlessly, it seems. And even if you did agree to pay for the babysitter - at least she'd only be wasting some of her time on you and not the money...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Here's just another typical single mom.  Three or four kids by different guys.  Gets religion. Goes nuts.  Slices and dices the kids.
"Arizona mom dismembers sons before stabbing herself: cops"
http://nypost.com/2016/06/03/arizona-mom...self-cops/

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/octavia-ro...-pictures/

Oh well, Maybe she did find an answer in the Bible, Wisdom 3:16-19 (CEB) =
"16 The children of adulterers, however, will come to nothing. The seed of people who have sex with others in violation of the Law will dry up. 17 Even if they live to old age, their lives won’t amount to anything. In their old age they will have no honor. 18 If they die young, they will have no hope or comfort on Judgment Day. 19 The family line of those who don’t do what is right will come to a bad end."
Yes, the vast majority of us murder our children. It's just typical single mom behavior. Only a matter of time before I off my own, tbh

0/10

(June 3, 2016 at 10:44 pm)pool the great Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Nah, you're not really my type. Tongue

If only I were the type to ask permission

Wut Huh

0/10

(June 3, 2016 at 8:22 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 8:00 pm)The_Empress Wrote: Thing is, dude, you called it a "scam". You asked her on a date, and her answer, according to you(!), was that she would love to, but she'd need help paying for a babysitter. IMO, that's pretty damned straightforward. Scams aren't exactly known for being straightforward. The problem here is that you used a pretty heavy word to describe a pretty light situation, which only puts forth more bigotry against single parents, which you don't seem to mind doing. In your case, though, I see that this woman dodged a big bullet when you stopped responding to her.

These are people. They're not monsters; probably not even criminals most of the time, but you're willing to make them look that way for your own bias.

I'm aware these are people, it's the principle of the matter though. If you barely know a person and their already asking you for money, that's to me a major warning sign. If she just needed me to pick her up, that be a different story. It was not the case though, she was straight forward about yes, I give her credit in that regard. On the other hand though, it was not even a formal date. It was for a simple drink at a bar that was close by.

Wtf man? Why wouldn't you hand over your hard earned money freely to strangers??? You cheap materialistic pig!!!!!
Look dude, don't let these people shame you into giving things out for free. If you really are hell bent over paying for things do it after she has proven her commitment to you (commitment is the only thing worthy of giving your hard earned money out for free),this whole paying for the date is bullshit, take her to a park or for a walk or let her come along to a movie you're going to,it's much more better mood -wise,she hasn't earned her right for you to spend your time,energy, money exclusively for her, give her some time to prove herself if she can't, next.
Robots are supposed to be the wave of the future. Maybe some people would be better off buying top-of-the line sex robots in a few years. It might reduce their problems.
(June 3, 2016 at 10:51 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 10:44 pm)pool the great Wrote: If only I were the type to ask permission

Wut  Huh

Ha ha...You're not actually surprised, are you? Please, tell me you're not surprised.

Dude tells everyone who he is over and over again, and no one listens.
This is NOT an "alright" guy.
(June 3, 2016 at 4:09 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(June 3, 2016 at 11:24 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: *you're
*they're
*their

Oh and the rest of what you said was incorrect too.
       I'm far from incorrect, for the record what I said is very proven point. I know a lot of single moms and dads are honest and will not scam you but, a lot will. For example, one tried to scam me once. I met her at a gas station, we exchanged numbers . we texted and talked for about four days. I called her to see if she wanted to get together for a drink and she asked me this question "I'd like too, but I need 20 dollars to pay for a baby sitter for my daughter." I never contacted her again. That's the problem with dating single parents, a question such as can I borrow money seems to always come up, most every story and experience I've read about this has happened.

I agree with you in the aspect of it's important to find out why they are single parents.  It's an important question to ask.  I've dated a lot of single mothers and I know some women are the type who just never stop making bad choices, ever.  Which I would say is their fault, if they're just unable to see warning signs or just don't care about the warning signs of these crazy men they choose to breed with.  On the other hand I know several women who just ended up single mothers due to various bad circumstances, the men hiding horrible secrets and so on.

I can sympathize with why you wouldn't want to see a girl who's already asking you to pay for babysitting costs on the first date, ontop of a meal I'm guessing you would have paid for. I would have done the same as you in that situation.

I have quite a huge dating history for better or for worse and I can say I must have met up with around 20 single mothers and only 1 comes to mind that I think was trying to get money off me.
I've met plenty of single mothers who were absolutely crazy and best to be avoided for other reasons but in my personal experience being scammed for money in the way you're talking about has been extremely rare for me.  I'd say out of those 20 I'd say 10 or so where actually pretty generous.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 4142 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2593 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 7145 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The cruelty is the point Aroura 8 1065 October 12, 2018 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Ivanka insulting the mothers of all immigrants, or better: all immigrants. WinterHold 22 2341 May 31, 2018 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A good article for understanding what motivates Trumpsters from their point of view Whateverist 15 2299 November 17, 2016 at 4:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Robert Reich - Single Payer System "Inevitable" Minimalist 27 2978 August 30, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why the U.S. needs single-payer healthcare like yesterday Ryantology 22 4511 January 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can you Name a Single Successful Government Program? Koolay 73 18057 August 31, 2013 at 11:34 am
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus
  The Gay Marriage Issue Misses the Point ComplexityofChaos 67 27603 January 20, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Violet