Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Reich - Single Payer System "Inevitable"
Robert Reich - Single Payer System "Inevitable"
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/robert-r...heres-why/

Quote:The best argument for a single-payer health plan is the recent decision by giant health insurer Aetna to bail out next year from 11 of the 15 states where it sells Obamacare plans. Aetna’s decision follows similar moves by UnitedHealth Group, the nation’s largest health insurer, and by Humana, another one of the giants.

All claim they’re not making enough money because too many people with serious health problems are using the Obamacare exchanges, and not enough healthy people are signing up.

The problem isn’t Obamacare per se. It lies in the structure of private markets for health insurance – which creates powerful incentives to avoid sick people and attract healthy ones. Obamacare is just making this structural problem more obvious.

One wonders if these rich corporate cocksuckers could ever "make enough money" to satiate them?
RE: Robert Reich - Single Payer System "Inevitable"
It needs to happen we need a single payer system. The fact is Obamacare or affordable healthcare is a joke
a cruel joke. I mean im self employed at the moment and i had a good healthcare option i could afford for 60 a moth.
But the next year price hikes and other went up to 200+ a month. You know i am glad Aetna is dropping out i would
rather pay low cost for government run healthcare than for a expensive premium insurance.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Insurance - all insurance really - is basically a Ponzi scheme.  It needs healthy people who don't use the service to subsidize the sick ones who do.  Just like auto insurance needs good drivers to subsidize bad ones, just like life insurance needs young people to subsidize the old who are likely to die and claim benefits.
Don't forget the other end of it.  It also needs to reduce the number of people, who - after joining young and subsidizing the old/sick then become old/sick and need care/die themselves... collecting benefits.  

They make their nut by refusing to render the services already paid for, by wiggling out of the contractual obligations they themselves wrote as a marketing tool.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah - that was the premise of Sicko.
So in the meanwhile i have health issues so i am like fuck i need insurance wait not need forced to have it because
Obamacare is like hey if you don't have insurance ill get the money another way. The other side of this fucking joke
if you earn a decent amount of money chances are your insurance will be expensive so what the fuck. It's like legalized
robbery at this point when it comes to healthcare. You have a shitty income here you get cheap insurance because you
struggle to play bills. Hey you earn a lot of money oh hey sorry but your healthcare is going to be expensive and you
will struggle. What.. a complete joke...

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Hoarding money is joy by itself.
(August 28, 2016 at 1:03 pm)dyresand Wrote: So in the meanwhile i have health issues so i  am like fuck i need insurance wait not need forced to have it because
Obamacare is like hey if you don't have insurance ill get the money another way. The other side of this fucking joke
if you earn a decent amount of money chances are your insurance will be expensive so what the fuck. It's  like legalized
robbery at this point when it comes to healthcare. You have a shitty income here you get cheap insurance because you
struggle to play bills. Hey you earn a lot of money oh hey sorry but your healthcare is going to be expensive and you

That's how an income based subsidy works.  If you can afford to pay the full price- you pay the full price.  If you can't, someone else covers the difference (remember, these fuckers won't save your life for free)..let's call that someone "Obama". 

-Thanks Obama  Angry

Wink

It's been legalized robbery for some time, and insurance helped it get to be that way..in the same way that bail bondsmen helped bail-setting become a racket.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 28, 2016 at 1:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(August 28, 2016 at 1:03 pm)dyresand Wrote: So in the meanwhile i have health issues so i  am like fuck i need insurance wait not need forced to have it because
if you earn a decent amount of money chances are your insurance will be expensive so what the fuck. It's  like legalized

That's how an income based subsidy works.  If you can afford to pay the full price- you pay the full price.  If you can't, someone else covers the difference (remember, these fuckers won't save your life for free)..let's call that someone "Obama". 

-Thanks Obama  Angry

Wink

It's been legalized robbery for some time, and insurance helped it get to be that way..in the same way that bail bondsmen helped bail-setting become a racket.

Yep... and i say this with confidence.. Obama really has no spine considering he is talking about single payer now just to attract voters. 
It's like shit... we should have had single payer already and be like the other first world countries but hey were to greedy Tongue

In other worlds this guy has a point. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpQ2MNaSDo

Code:
The notion of a single payer system was the original Obamacare....what we have now was the concession dems had to make to get the repubs to sign off on -any- system.

-Thanks Obama!  Angry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 934 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2362 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Hospital system overwhelmed Spongebob 35 2611 August 27, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A Stupid Statements About Single Payer Healthcare Amarok 43 6795 December 1, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  What would you change about the American public school system? Bahana 53 6083 April 17, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Do you think it's time for America to ditch the party system NuclearEnergy 17 4017 January 18, 2017 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Time for a run-off system? Jehanne 2 691 November 10, 2016 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  This Is The System That Drumpf Wants To Minimalist 8 1480 September 6, 2016 at 3:53 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  What's the point in dating single mothers? Errol Monite 410 33189 June 4, 2016 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  After Serious Consideration of Reich's Points... Minimalist 18 4370 September 12, 2015 at 10:43 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon