Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet pleasures
RE: Pet pleasures
(June 8, 2016 at 12:48 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 8, 2016 at 12:32 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'd suggest a barbecue, with friends and family in attendance.

NZ has volcanoes...

Smile

Those are probably a tad hot for barbecues.

(June 8, 2016 at 1:13 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I always wanted to learn to play guitar but eventually gave up a year or so ago. Might try get back into it again.

Give it another go, it's rewarding once you get the basic techniques down.

I've got a dear friend who at fifty-three took it up for the first time. It's never too late.

I probably need a custom guitar with a wide neck. I have monster hands with fat fucking sausage fingers, and I cannot for the life of me isolate strings. I am very dextrous, too. I've never been clumsy with my fingers, and I practiced constantly for almost a year. I couldn't get some of the chords down for the life of me because I was always hitting extra strings. Angry
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 7, 2016 at 5:33 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... and playing this --

[Image: 14ae7wn.jpg]

Nice axe. I have an Epiphone SG in black, autographed by Neal Schon.
(June 8, 2016 at 2:35 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: I probably need a custom guitar with a wide neck. I have monster hands with fat fucking sausage fingers, and I cannot for the life of me isolate strings. I am very dextrous, too. I've never been clumsy with my fingers, and I practiced constantly for almost a year. I couldn't get some of the chords down for the life of me because I was always hitting extra strings. Angry

I have the same problem - so I bought a bass. Big Grin
(June 8, 2016 at 2:41 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I have the same problem - so I bought a bass. Big Grin

But I'm a halfrican. I couldn't live with fulfilling the stereotype... Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The SG pictured, a Special Faded, comes with a great neck for big hands. My hands aren't big, but I've spent so much time on 12-strings and acoustics that my fingers are accustomed to wide and deep necks. Go down to your local Guitar Centers and try one out. For me they're amazingly comfortable, wide enough to avoid clams, with broad shoulders to facilitate vibrato.

The neck of the guitar plays a huge role in my purchasing decision. Yuge, I tell ya.

I don't know if it's typical, but I have an American standard Fender Stratocaster that's good for big hands as well.
Do they make acoustic guitars that have wider necks, or ones with spaced out strings?

(June 7, 2016 at 11:52 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: A good night's sleep.

What is this thing you speak of?

[creep]
Of the things I consider fitting my mouth around when Steel is in the vicinity, for once a burrito is not among them.
[/creep]
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Silver 8 649 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Your pet stories. Brian37 27 2276 February 4, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Pet pictures The Valkyrie 29 2586 March 6, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pet Peeves with commercial marketing. Brian37 17 2076 July 30, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Pleasures Thumpalumpacus 41 4504 January 4, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My Top 5 Pet Peeves chimp3 40 11644 June 1, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Language Pet Peeve BrianSoddingBoru4 55 7563 February 16, 2017 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Pet Peeves Thread Edwardo Piet 372 41815 June 9, 2016 at 1:50 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What are some of your ultimate guilty pleasures 1994Californication 51 5310 April 3, 2016 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 3200 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13