Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
(July 6, 2016 at 9:17 pm)Losty Wrote: At this point, I don't even see a reason to respond. This is like the never ending cycle of not understanding. I don't think you get what I'm saying, I certainly don't get what you're saying. Maybe I'm just blind. I have really tried. I put forth real stress inducing effort. And all it has helped do is completely exhaust me. I'm no closer to understanding what you want. You're not seeming any closer to being satisfied or having closure. I really tried, baby. Only because I genuinely care about your feelings. I have to wave my white flag and bow out now. I hope find what you're looking for.

Well, I was responding to Rob, not you. He was being snarky to me and hey, you buy the boat, you get the leaks.

I have already said, several times, that I'm fine with the decision that the Staff has made. You know what I want? I want the spin to stop. That's all. Rob was spinning when he equivocated "tell" and "suggest".

Say what you mean and mean what you say, that's what I want. And that isn't directed at you, dear. I know you are being more than fair with me.

RE: [split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
If this thread gets to 50 I swear to allah I will ban you all on general principle.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 7, 2016 at 3:05 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: If this thread gets to 50 I swear to allah I will ban you all on general principle.

Jeebus.

Now I have to type out about. . . hmmmm lemme see.  25 pages * about 8 posts per page. .. 

200 posts just to find out what will really happen!?

Dude, can you just make it 30 pages?  Surely, that's enough of a dead horse for me to find out what happens at the end of all this!
Ignore this
(July 3, 2016 at 6:25 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That thread bummed me out too ... probably for a different reason than it did y'all. I gave thought to bailing here as well, because I would think folks here would be more inclined to consider outside thinking.

Oh well, there's chum in the water. Swimming might not be a good idea, given the mood.

Yes, to be honest, I heard that Heatheness had made all kinds of horrible accusations, was trolling, etc.  Maybe I missed something in the 50 pages, and also considering my own situation I was pretty distracted.  But she certainly didn't seem excessively rude, or unwilling to support and answer for her ideas.  I think her crime was not being a member of the majority.

Sometimes I feel a bit like the cops are choking me out, shouting "Stop resisting!  Stop resisting!"  Just because one's opinions aren't popular doesn't mean one should either be silenced or called a troll.

Now, again, I don't know what really happened here, but of what little I DID see, I didn't really see that she was as bad as everyone was saying.
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
(July 9, 2016 at 11:24 pm)bennyboy Wrote:
(July 3, 2016 at 6:25 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That thread bummed me out too ... probably for a different reason than it did y'all. I gave thought to bailing here as well, because I would think folks here would be more inclined to consider outside thinking.

Oh well, there's chum in the water. Swimming might not be a good idea, given the mood.

Yes, to be honest, I heard that Heatheness had made all kinds of horrible accusations, was trolling, etc.  Maybe I missed something in the 50 pages, and also considering my own situation I was pretty distracted.  But she certainly didn't seem excessively rude, or unwilling to support and answer for her ideas.  I think her crime was not being a member of the majority.

Sometimes I feel a bit like the cops are choking me out, shouting "Stop resisting!  Stop resisting!"  Just because one's opinions aren't popular doesn't mean one should either be silenced or called a troll.

Now, again, I don't know what really happened here, but of what little I DID see, I didn't really see that she was as bad as everyone was saying.

She actually accused us of conspiring with you to get her thread closed down. In the moment I was understandably offended and upset about that accusation. Now I just think it's kind of hilarious.

ETA. FML. Benny, there is a split for this discussion. Please post there if you want to discuss this. I am not splitting this thread again. My head still hurts from last time.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-43895-page-25.html
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
She said some things, especially in PM from what I understand, that I didn't and don't agree with. I don't agree that she was trolling -- a view that puts me in a distinct minority.

The general response even before then was a bit of a bummer. I tried to use a little humor to both get my own point across (I could see both sides having decent points) and lighten the mood, but it didn't work and the thread devolved into bitter recriminations.

I won't broach the topic itself any more. It's not worth the tension to me.

hmmmm lemme see....

[Image: 834.gif]
(July 9, 2016 at 11:29 pm)Losty Wrote: She actually accused us of conspiring with you to get her thread closed down.
Yeah, I read that, and I couldn't really believe it since I didn't see it myself. I mean. . . it's just so irrational. Who could possibly think that's why I got banned?

Quote: In the moment I was understandably offended and upset about that accusation. Now I just think it's kind of hilarious.
I think it's a little unhinged. I did read something about it, but I couldn't see where she actually said any of that stuff. Guess that was the PMs.

Quote:ETA. FML. Benny, there is a split for this discussion. Please post there if you want to discuss this. I am not splitting this thread again. My head still hurts from last time.
Oops.

Okay, I actually don't want to discuss it, but I guess I just kinda did. Big Grin
Without having read all of what was going on, I'd like to point back to the excessive negativity clause:

Sometimes a person causes trouble without trolling or breaking the rules per se. They just waste a lot of damn time by being either passive aggressive, harassing, or deliberately ignoring the answers of the staff and bulldozing through.

From the original pages that I read, heathenness had a real problem understanding that no matter what your IDEALS are, you still have to live by the laws of the land or forum or whatever until you can get them changed. This isn't to say I don't condone protest and action against said laws. But disobeying them and being a general nuisance is going to have consequences.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
And getting bounced off a message board is a fairly minor consequence compared to, say, the Inquisition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 704843 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 66329 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 44167 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3851 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius