Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question?
RE: Question?
Heh. Nice to see you back to your old twatwaffle self, EP.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Question?
(August 20, 2016 at 10:44 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: This thread...

[Image: RyPyLWG.gif?forcedesktop=1]

This gif is just...fantastic. I laugh out loud every time.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 21, 2016 at 10:58 am)Cecelia Wrote:
(August 21, 2016 at 2:13 am)Arkilogue Wrote: The burning is karmic and electromagnetic for those who put up resistance to Consciousness. It is God's grace that you don't immediately self incinerate for violating the laws of natural counter balance. Aka free will to make choices and suffer the benefit or deficit thereof in time so that you may learn from them

I worship God because of that power of judgment to cleanse me of error I'd otherwise have no way of knowing or correcting.  I try to I make myself fluent to consciousness.  I do not hide from errors I find in myself, I do not resist my own feeling of "wrongness", I do not make excuses.  I am grateful for the correction.  It is a constant self pruning and retraining for good fruit.

I have experienced the fire of God that consumes inconsistency.  I decided to save us both the further "trouble" and do it myself.

So basically... Kim Il Sung with much better publicity?  In fact the Christian God sounds a lot like Kim Il Sung when you think about it.  I bet the two would get along great if the Christian God existed.

I see nothing worthy of worship here.  Sounds a lot like an abusive parent who beats his kids for 'their own good' and because the kids need to be 'corrected'.  Yeah, sounds like a real asshole.  Still not seeing why anyone would think this guy is worthy of worship.  Sounds like people worship him because they fear him.  You're basically the battered spouse standing up for your abusive husband who hits the kids because he loves you, and without him you're nothing.

And like I said--fear is a bad reason to worship.  Otherwise might makes right, and I can point a gun at your head, and make you do whatever I want.  After all, it's for your own good, and I know what's best because I'm the one with the gun.

If you don't have a healthy fear/respect of natural forces, like gravity, fire and lightening, you will hurt yourself through ignorance. So it is with God.

You and all the fundies keep anthropomophizing God into a personality which is always a super-ego projection. Stahp.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(August 21, 2016 at 1:16 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: If you don't have a healthy fear/respect of natural forces, like gravity, fire and lightening, you will hurt yourself through ignorance. So it is with God.

You and all the fundies keep anthropomophizing God into a personality which is always a super-ego projection. Stahp.

So basically you're just going off script here?  Because we're talking about the God of the bible here.  Not whatever it is you believe in and/or worship (which still would not be worthy of worship--because fear does not make a good reason for worship at all)
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(August 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm)Cecelia Wrote:
(August 21, 2016 at 1:16 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: If you don't have a healthy fear/respect of natural forces, like gravity, fire and lightening, you will hurt yourself through ignorance. So it is with God.

So basically you're just going off script here?  Because we're talking about the God of the bible here.  Not whatever it is you believe in and/or worship (which still would not be worthy of worship--because fear does not make a good reason for worship at all)

And you take the account of God in the bible to be the beginning and end of Man's experience with the eternal God?

That's the biggest cherry picked strawman around.

The original, older and far longer lasting idea's of God were of infinite formless substance and raw force.

Worship is a practice, an action. The in the action of lighting my way with a torch in the darkness, I "worship" the flame (I keep it tended with fuel/material and away from water). I also fear the flame, keeping it away from my body and flammable material. Respectful action based on the knowledge of it's nature.
Fine. I'll leave your god alone, it leaves me alone.

Which, unsurprisingly, it does.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 21, 2016 at 2:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Fine. I'll leave your god alone, it leaves me alone.

Which, unsurprisingly, it does.

Does the Mother or Father directly interact with the developing embryo? Might that screw up the natural growth process?

Does a farmer constantly tug on new sprouts or fruits to make them grow faster?

Do you know the story of the boy who helped the butterfly out of it's chrysalis?
Taxi - follow that herring!

IOW: DILLIGAF
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 21, 2016 at 2:55 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Taxi - follow that herring!

IOW: DILLIGAF

So you bemoan the lack of God's constant/obvious presence and see no reason or benefit in being left to learn on your own for a while?

You aren't a parent, are you....
Read again, troll. Have your pet god call me. Only then can we talk.