Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 12:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Loving God
RE: A Loving God
(September 25, 2016 at 5:58 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 24, 2016 at 11:19 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I do not give a flying shit how you theists reconcile your gitty retakes on iron age mythology. Drowning your children as a form of discipline is the subject on the table! What of it?

Yes.  I think it was OK for children to drown in the great flood, just as I think that it's OK for everyone, including children, to die.

Active rather than passive reference to drowning a child. Every living thing dies. It is not ok for a parent to deliberately drown their children. Silly christian! Do the atheists have to explain everything!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Well, I'm off to drown my 14 year old in the bathtub, it's OK really, he'll die someday anyways, so it's all the same, right?

Facepalm
(September 25, 2016 at 6:13 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 5:58 pm)Lek Wrote: Yes.  I think it was OK for children to drown in the great flood, just as I think that it's OK for everyone, including children, to die.

Active rather than passive reference to drowning a child. Every living thing dies. It is not ok for a parent to deliberately drown their children. Silly christian! Do the atheists have to explain everything!

Every living thing dies because God lets them die when he could stop it. No matter when or how we die God could have stopped it, but he allows it.
The more I read theists' posts, the more I'm convinced they're all suffering from some sort of mass induced psychosis.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(September 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Lek Wrote: Every living thing dies because God lets them die when he could stop it.  No matter when or how we die God could have stopped it, but he allows it.

Or there simply isn't such a thing as god, which would fit incredibly well with the evidence we have for his existence, or activity - or rather lack thereof. But whatever - enjoy jumping through all the hoops, so that you can keep pretending death isn't real and that the universe is just an experiment, set up by Santa Jesus, specifically so that you can show him what a nice boy you are... Rolleyes
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(September 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 6:13 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Active rather than passive reference to drowning a child. Every living thing dies. It is not ok for a parent to deliberately drown their children. Silly christian! Do the atheists have to explain everything!

Every living thing dies because God lets them die when he could stop it.  No matter when or how we die God could have stopped it, but he allows it.

So, let's say we have someone who is devoted to God, and dedicates a majority of their time to carrying out good works in His name. One day, while walking to the store, they get taken, dragged behind a dumpster, beaten, brutally gang raped, and left for dead, ultimately giving up the ghost as they lay there. God allows this?
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(September 25, 2016 at 9:49 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Lek Wrote: Every living thing dies because God lets them die when he could stop it.  No matter when or how we die God could have stopped it, but he allows it.

So, let's say we have someone who is devoted to God, and dedicates a majority of their time to carrying out good works in His name. One day, while walking to the store, they get taken, dragged behind a dumpster, beaten, brutally gang raped, and left for dead, ultimately giving up the ghost as they lay there. God allows this?

Of course he does. God never promised his followers that they wouldn't suffer.
(September 25, 2016 at 9:53 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 9:49 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote: So, let's say we have someone who is devoted to God, and dedicates a majority of their time to carrying out good works in His name. One day, while walking to the store, they get taken, dragged behind a dumpster, beaten, brutally gang raped, and left for dead, ultimately giving up the ghost as they lay there. God allows this?

Of course he does.  God never promised his followers that they wouldn't suffer.

I wonder how many atheists Lek has recruited? Keep it up Lek!

(September 25, 2016 at 10:15 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 9:53 pm)Lek Wrote: Of course he does.  God never promised his followers that they wouldn't suffer.

I wonder how many atheists Lek has recruited? Keep it up Lek!

You guys wouldn't convert no matter what I say. OK, if you're a believer you will never have to suffer (wink, wink). Is that better?
(September 25, 2016 at 10:19 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 10:15 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I wonder how many atheists Lek has recruited? Keep it up Lek!

You guys wouldn't convert no matter what I say.  OK, if you're a believer you will never have to suffer (wink, wink).  Is that better?

You realize of course that I think your god is a figment of your imagination and your imagination is one sick little place. Thank you for revealing it to us.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A loving person Foxaèr 44 5457 September 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 3031 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12897 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6810 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad