Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 2:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Loving God
RE: A Loving God
Stockholm syndrome. [Image: coffee.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 25, 2016 at 9:49 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 9:20 pm)Lek Wrote: Every living thing dies because God lets them die when he could stop it.  No matter when or how we die God could have stopped it, but he allows it.

So, let's say we have someone who is devoted to God, and dedicates a majority of their time to carrying out good works in His name. One day, while walking to the store, they get taken, dragged behind a dumpster, beaten, brutally gang raped, and left for dead, ultimately giving up the ghost as they lay there. God allows this?

Of course.
It's a good way to punish her husband.

“Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.”

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will bring evil upon you out of your own house.  I will take your wives while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor.  He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight.
2 Samuel 12:11-14
(September 25, 2016 at 10:19 pm)Lek Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 10:15 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I wonder how many atheists Lek has recruited? Keep it up Lek!

You guys wouldn't convert no matter what I say.  OK, if you're a believer you will never have to suffer (wink, wink).  Is that better?

I mean to say that you may be doing a great job of turnings Christians into atheists. Bait them with the "Loving God" title then reel them in with the callous emotionally distant tyrannt sky daddy nonsense. Thanks for making the case for our team so very well.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

"It's not me threatening you! It's my boss!"

"Tell your boss to come here and do it himself."

"No. He's invisible. And timeless. And shapeless. And non-physical. And outside reality. And can't be detected. And acts exactly like he doesn't exist."

"Your boss doesn't sound very scary."

"He used to actually turn up and set people on fire and shit."

"Okay. Does he do that now?"

"Not since the invention of recorded media."

"Well, I'll take my chances."
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
No, I wouldn't convert if you pulled Jesus and Yahweh out of your pockets. Why should I? Because they'll hurt me if I don't? Rather pathetic isn't it, deities going around mugging their own creation?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(September 26, 2016 at 8:22 am)robvalue Wrote: "It's not me threatening you! It's my boss!"

"Tell your boss to come here and do it himself."

"No. He's invisible. And timeless. And shapeless. And non-physical. And outside reality. And can't be detected. And acts exactly like he doesn't exist."

"Your boss doesn't sound very scary."

"He used to actually turn up and set people on fire and shit."

"Okay. Does he do that now?"
"Not since the invention of recorded media."

"Well, I'll take my chances."

You are wrong here, buddy.

Jesus appeared to people since the invention of recorded media.

Here is one of these appearances:

http://www.breakingworldnewstoday.com/20...w6700.html
Wow, I take it back! That is truly amazing. Jesus' power was only reduced by almost 100% by recorded media. He now has all the potency of some annoying mould.

Index of my best videos
(September 26, 2016 at 3:18 am)robvalue Wrote: The bible is jaded, and most of it pagan, so get educated...

... and then eat a cake.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yeah!

Wait, what? That's not the words! I think we all need a reminder. The theme song starts at 0:55.

https://youtu.be/HCM693vqSV0

Index of my best videos
My favourite!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A loving person Foxaèr 44 5285 September 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 3013 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12849 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6791 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad