Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Loving God
RE: A Loving God
(September 30, 2016 at 3:07 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: According to King David, there is no escape from the presence of God.

Psalm 139:8 "If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there."

Say God is a gigantic fully charged battery and I'm a little one....what happens if I hook up with inverse polarity? Fried.

The heavenly state is "with current", the hellish state is like "cross current".

Orientation of consciousness is important.

This is true. If he exits, then we can't make him not exist. We can only choose how we will react to his existence. Just like the earth on which we now live. We can't make it go away, but we can choose to end our existence here. We would be gone, but the world would still be here.
(September 30, 2016 at 3:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This all sounds like the kind of profound ineffability that's simply crying out for a good effing.

If you hadn't noticed I've been effing it since I got here! Hehe
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Some would rather worship an obscure, unknown God whom they live in fear of.

I don't and won't.
(September 30, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(September 30, 2016 at 3:20 pm)Stimbo Wrote: This all sounds like the kind of profound ineffability that's simply crying out for a good effing.

If you hadn't noticed I've been effing it since I got here! Hehe

You can eff it all you like, for my money.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(September 30, 2016 at 3:29 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: If you hadn't noticed I've been effing it since I got here! Hehe

You can eff it all you like, for my money.

I eff for the fun of it. If I'm going to take your money, I'd have to give you a proper effing but I'm not quite up to the task. Wink
(September 30, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(September 30, 2016 at 2:42 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote: I'll give you an A for stylistic writing, but it's still borderline science fiction mixed with new age thought. Labeling what is outside of the observable universe as God isn't any more correct than claiming that the Sun and Moon are two gods doing eternal battle.
Dunno It's an absolute, an all consuming fire and it still exists forever above and below, having generated infinite universes without diminishing itself.

It also has very discernible quantum properties before the inflation of universes: It's all around itself equally forever in all directions (spherical nature) it is at the center of itself everywhere (point nature) and it exists as a field in equilibrium (field nature).

Without representing the field, the simplest representation of "God's Name" is a circle around a dot.
If you are not familiar with the circumpunct, now would be a good time to look it up.

http://gnosticwarrior.com/circumpunct.html

Ok, so I read your link and did some other searches, eventually reading about it's uses in Kabbalah and Ojibwa. While an interesting concept philosophically, it requires a hefty belief in magic to approach with any sincerity.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
(September 30, 2016 at 3:41 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote:
(September 30, 2016 at 2:50 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Dunno It's an absolute, an all consuming fire and it still exists forever above and below, having generated infinite universes without diminishing itself.

It also has very discernible quantum properties before the inflation of universes: It's all around itself equally forever in all directions (spherical nature) it is at the center of itself everywhere (point nature) and it exists as a field in equilibrium (field nature).

Without representing the field, the simplest representation of "God's Name" is a circle around a dot.
If you are not familiar with the circumpunct, now would be a good time to look it up.

http://gnosticwarrior.com/circumpunct.html

Ok, so I read your link and did some other searches, eventually reading about it's uses in Kabbalah and Ojibwa. While an interesting concept philosophically, it requires a hefty belief in magic to approach with any sincerity.
Even older as the symbol for Ra/Re in Egypt. The self created, creator God who rose upon the primordial mound from the infinite chaos of the watery Nu, the father of Re/Ra.

It's as magical as the atom with a nucleus and a spherical, shell like border condition
(September 30, 2016 at 3:31 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Some would rather worship an obscure, unknown God whom they live in fear of.

I don't and won't.

I asked you a couple times and I believe I received no answer. Is there any benefit to knowing your complicated vision of God? According to your concept, are they any rewards received by a person who accepts your idea of God? Do we owe God love, worship or anything at all?
"I am the Eternal...I am that which created the Word...I am the Word." From the bible? No. From the Egyptian book "of the dead" (going forth by day.)
(September 30, 2016 at 3:40 pm)Arkilogue Wrote:
(September 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm)Stimbo Wrote: You can eff it all you like, for my money.

I eff for the fun of it. If I'm going to take your money, I'd have to give you a proper effing but I'm not quite up to the task. Wink

You couldn't afford it, lad.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A loving person Foxaèr 44 5079 September 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2997 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12824 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6773 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad