Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 20, 2024, 7:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Problems with Atheism
RE: Serious Problems with Atheism
(January 18, 2017 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: Yes we believe the Ten Commandments were properly formulated after the creation of Man.

And you expect to be taken seriously, huh?

Agree with Pulse... It would be a miracle if they were formulated before man!
Considering it was man who formulated them!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 18, 2017 at 10:40 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 5:04 am)Pulse Wrote: I wanted to link to the cosmology article but as per rules I couldn't, but an open letter signed by 33 top Scientists in New Scientist, May Issue 2004, states the Big Bang is flawed and only popular due to funding. Just Google Big Bang Busted by 33 Top Scientists.

And regarding your statements that Atheism has been misunderstood by me, I can assure you Atheism affects all aspects of our lives and can be discussed from various angles.

I'm sorry, but that open letter was initially published in 2004 and in nearly 13 years has not generated any controversy. So, a minority of guys agreed that they thought the theory was wrong. Whoopee. There are now (and always will be) competing theories. If any of them ever produce a better model of our current universe then, and only then, will the BBT get "debunked."

You're cherry picking outdated science that appears to support your beliefs. That is, at best, intellectually dishonest. Instead, why don't you actually study the field. If you can find a gaping hole in the theory you can earn yourself a Nobel Prize by overturning the current and most robust theory in cosmology.

(January 18, 2017 at 5:45 am)Pulse Wrote: Well when you have an EXTREMELY rare event of an actual Neurosurgeon having an NDE and changing his entire life because of his new belief system, and that still hasn't convinced you there's something to all this, then yeah, we agree to disagree.

He had an experience while in an altered state of consciousness. So what? I got in a fist fight with a guy who didn't exist once, complete with psychosomatic bruises thanks to the synthetic mescaline I was tripping on at the time. The human mind is a strange place at the best of time. Put it under stress and it can do some really weird shit.

The BBT is still full of fudge factors 13 years later, and the Neurosurgeon in question would beg to differ that he was imagining things, but what would he know, he's just a Neurosurgeon, not to mention all the other thousands of people from all walks of life who have experienced inexplicable Paranormal Activity.
And many people across the globe have experienced alien abductions. Even groups of people will tell you that they were abducted together. If I believed you, I would have to believe them.

Anecdotes do not equal evidence.
(January 18, 2017 at 9:49 pm)Pulse Wrote: Yes we believe the Ten Commandments were properly formulated after the creation of Man. At man's creation The Ten Commandments were programmed into man's heart

Fucking piss-poor programming to give a pump. No wonder they only last 70-80 year, give or take.

No, Pulse. Your emotions are not based in your heart.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
What if he swore from the bottom of his pancreas?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(January 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm)Pulse Wrote: The BBT is still full of fudge factors 13 years later,
So, go prove it wrong and collect your Nobel Prize.

Or, keep cherry picking what you read for the tiny morsels that seem to prop up your beliefs. No skin off my ass either way.

(January 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm)Pulse Wrote: and the Neurosurgeon in question would beg to differ that he was imagining things, but what would he know, he's just a Neurosurgeon, not to mention all the other thousands of people from all walks of life who have experienced inexplicable Paranormal Activity.

As has already bee pointed out, appeal to authority. Unless your Neurosurgeon (or any of those other thousands of people) also has a PhD in the supernatural?

You gonna bring any actual evidence or are you gonna keep flinging anecdotes and testimonials like an orangutan flinging shit?!?

(January 18, 2017 at 11:44 pm)ignoramus Wrote: What if he swore from the bottom of his pancreas?

So far he only seems to be able to bring arguments from the bottom of his colon.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(January 18, 2017 at 11:49 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(January 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm)Pulse Wrote: The BBT is still full of fudge factors 13 years later,
So, go prove it wrong and collect your Nobel Prize.

Or, keep cherry picking what you read for the tiny morsels that seem to prop up your beliefs. No skin off my ass either way.

(January 18, 2017 at 11:06 pm)Pulse Wrote: and the Neurosurgeon in question would beg to differ that he was imagining things, but what would he know, he's just a Neurosurgeon, not to mention all the other thousands of people from all walks of life who have experienced inexplicable Paranormal Activity.

As has already bee pointed out, appeal to authority. Unless your Neurosurgeon (or any of those other thousands of people) also has a PhD in the supernatural?

You gonna bring any actual evidence or are you gonna keep flinging anecdotes and testimonials like an orangutan flinging shit?!?

(January 18, 2017 at 11:44 pm)ignoramus Wrote: What if he swore from the bottom of his pancreas?

So far he only seems to be able to bring arguments from the bottom of his colon.
To say that there's no controversy 13 years later with the BBT is simply intellectual laziness and dishonesty. Sure the media won't report on the controversy, because the media doesn't 

want the sacred cow of atheistic materialism criticized for it's shortcomings, but the controversy is there no matter how much you deny it. Scientists in general tow the line, because to rock the boat often means risking funding, science has little to do with

an unbiased search for truth. And by saying more scientists believe in BBT than not, then you are appealing to authority yourself, while denying others the right to do so. Please read "Dogmatism in Science and Medicine: How Dominant Theories  

Monopolize Research and Stifle the Search for Truth" by Henry H. Bauer. Don't worry, you prefer your own opinions so I know you won't bother.
P-p-p-p-p...

oe.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(January 19, 2017 at 12:44 am)The_Empress Wrote: P-p-p-p-p...

oe.

And not the only one today, either. We've had a string of them lately. It's like playing whack-a-mole.
[Image: yLxS1bC7Lx23S.gif]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3619 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27871 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
Video Problems With the Bible pt 8 - Jonah and the Whale Mental Outlaw 0 849 July 26, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  The Problems with Heaven (besides not existing) Mental Outlaw 0 1084 July 10, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
Video Problems With the Bible Pt 7 - Moses Mental Outlaw 4 1503 May 24, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument of first world problems - WRONG! Dystopia 28 8126 January 18, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12746 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  ever think that all our problems exist because of other people? Jextin 11 4256 January 3, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists Only Please: Serious Question About Love naimless 50 11650 September 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12284 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite