Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding in public
RE: Breastfeeding in public
(June 15, 2017 at 8:31 am)pool the matey Wrote:
bennyboy Wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the only reason people shouldn't walk around naked 100% of the time is for their comfort and due to serious hygiene issues from fluid cross-contamination.

I mean, if that's your position then I can understand your argument from your POV, but that is a minority position. Most people don't want to walk around completely naked, you know? But yeah, I understand your point. Men don't have to cover up their nipples but it's just because men's chest isn't sexualized like women's breasts. It is a double standard but it's not a societal double standard, it's a sexual "double standard", right? I mean, we can't force people to be sexually aroused by men's nipples, not that I'm against it, flashing some nippy and getting lucky would be pretty easy and cool Big Grin

Of course it's societal. From even certain current african societies to India before Western colonization, topless societies existed and in some places still exist. Even Thailand and many other countries and regions more to the Oriënt used to be like that. In many cases, though not in the middle east which created a ban on toplessness on it's own through Islam, the 'widespread' dissapearance of topless societies is tied to westernization and colonization.

And heck, go on holiday to the propper beaches in Italy, Spain, Portugal, ... and you'll see people sunbathing topless. Give it two seconds and see three pairs of boobs freely pass by and you'll find that it's not that big a deal honestly. It's all in the norm you feel should be in place, depending on where you are. But once the initial 'shock' subsides, you'll find that they are just another part of the body. Beautiful parts, mind you. But just another part. I can guarantee you that you can walk across a nude beach or go to a nude spa without getting a boner or even getting aroused.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
if the trade off for keeping magnificent manly masculine hairy mens chests visible in public for your vorlon to excite over is the occasional nip shot of a nursing bebbee, I will persevere and accept it !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 15, 2017 at 8:11 am)bennyboy Wrote: I've seen double-D's on men.

Idk what that is but if it is what I suspect it is, no men with that kind of body would take off their shirt and show off.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
no,

no, you're wrong there
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 15, 2017 at 8:31 am)pool the matey Wrote:
bennyboy Wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the only reason people shouldn't walk around naked 100% of the time is for their comfort and due to serious hygiene issues from fluid cross-contamination.

I mean, if that's your position then I can understand your argument from your POV, but that is a minority position. Most people don't want to walk around completely naked, you know? But yeah, I understand your point. Men don't have to cover up their nipples but it's just because men's chest isn't sexualized like women's breasts. It is a double standard but it's not a societal double standard, it's a sexual "double standard", right? I mean, we can't force people to be sexually aroused by men's nipples, not that I'm against it, flashing some nippy and getting lucky would be pretty easy and cool Big Grin

pool the matey
Thats hilarious and true. This is feeling more and more like a misogynistic issue. Not that I obsess about hot dudes with chest nips showing, but suddenly I realize what an inconvenience it is that my eyes are forced to look at  this shirtless guy running past me, when I could be doing something productive. From a young age I felt the oppression of these kinds of looks. Many woman try to ignore this kind of objectification. Its a feeling as if you were being stripped down naked and vulnerable. Then a courteous hello or smile comes out of the dudes mouth. Please understand we see/feel you dirty mind, but have learned to disregard it and move on. Please don't make it more difficult for woman to be mothers because you see a boob. Fluid cross-contamination? Not sure what that means. I'm respectful enough not to tell a guy to put his shirt on because he's too sexy. Whether you lust or don't lust at a moma naked tit, just leave her alone.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

(June 15, 2017 at 9:05 am)JamieB Wrote: pool the matey
Thats hilarious and true. This is feeling more and more like a misogynistic issue. Not that I obsess about hot dudes with chest nips showing, but suddenly I realize what an inconvenience it is that my eyes are forced to look at  this shirtless guy running past me, when I could be doing something productive. From a young age I felt the oppression of these kinds of looks. Many woman try to ignore this kind of objectification. Its a feeling as if you were being stripped down naked and vulnerable. Then a courteous hello or smile comes out of the dudes mouth. Please understand we see/feel you dirty mind, but have learned to disregard it and move on. Please don't make it more difficult for woman to be mothers because you see a boob. Fluid cross-contamination? Not sure what that means. I'm respectful enough not to tell a guy to put his shirt on because he's too sexy. Whether you lust or don't lust at a moma naked tit, just leave her alone.

That is because you don't really know poolie. Just check his post history before the last month. You will notice an iatus on the timestamps. I am still here to remember.
(June 15, 2017 at 6:36 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 9:18 pm)Losty Wrote: It should be illegal to breastfeed in public. Lol wtf

Either legalize all kinds of nudity in public or deny all kinds of nudity. It's that simple.

Burkas for all???
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
what about mens who can grow their own ??

(June 15, 2017 at 9:26 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 6:36 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: Either legalize all kinds of nudity in public or deny all kinds of nudity. It's that simple.

Burkas for all???

I wouldn't worry much about him Angry

https://atheistforums.org/user-9610.html
(June 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Wasn't sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, by all means. 

So my brother posted something on facebook about the US being the only country that does not protect breastfeeding outside of the home. He is a huge proponent of mothers being able to breastfeed wherever and whenever they need to because their child is hungry. 

I agree with this. If a baby is hungry, a mother should be able to feed her child, no matter where she is. Others did not agree and went on to say that women should cover up their child or shouldn't "flop out their boobs" in public. 

I'd like to get a decent discussion going on this here. What are your thoughts on a mother's right to breastfeed in public and do you feel that she should have to cover up her child, even when there is a heatwave?

It is bullshit to demand a woman feeding her kid should hide it. Any asshole demanding they go somewhere else or cover up is just that, an asshole.