Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding in public
Breastfeeding in public
Wasn't sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, by all means. 

So my brother posted something on facebook about the US being the only country that does not protect breastfeeding outside of the home. He is a huge proponent of mothers being able to breastfeed wherever and whenever they need to because their child is hungry. 

I agree with this. If a baby is hungry, a mother should be able to feed her child, no matter where she is. Others did not agree and went on to say that women should cover up their child or shouldn't "flop out their boobs" in public. 

I'd like to get a decent discussion going on this here. What are your thoughts on a mother's right to breastfeed in public and do you feel that she should have to cover up her child, even when there is a heatwave?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Breastfeeding in public
Breast feeding is a natural act. The most natural of acts. Squeamish, uptight and life hating opponents should shut the hell up. We are mammals. Deal with it!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Personally, I covered myself up when breastfeeding, because ya know, I'm modest like that.   Angel

But! People need to relax. A boob is a boob. Wtf is such the big deal? The kid is hungry and the boob can feed her. Oh my lawrd a boob! Shut the fuck up.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
@Chimp: That's pretty much where I stand too. However, this one individual insists that women should have to cover up their child.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 11, 2017 at 6:35 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: @Chimp: That's pretty much where I stand too. However, this one individual insists that women should have to cover up their child.

I covered up most of my boob, but always made sure to not cover my baby's face and let him breathe. If some titty showed, too fucking bad.
(June 11, 2017 at 6:35 pm)J a c k Wrote: Personally, I covered myself up when breastfeeding, because ya know, I'm modest like that.   Angel

But! People need to relax. A boob is a boob. Wtf is such the big deal? The kid is hungry and the boob can feed her. Oh my lawrd a boob! Shut the fuck up.

And see I'm okay with that because it was a personal decision you made. But people are saying that mothers are just whipping out a tit and when you think about it, that's not how it's done. First of all, the babe is already at the mothers breast. Only part of the breast is uncovered and in a millisecond, a baby's mouth is already on it because well, FOOD!. So really, unless you are literally standing over a woman at the moment she decides to feed her child, not much of anything is being shown. 

Women wear more revealing things during swimsuit season. For others to get that bent out of shape over some skin being seen during a feeding, skin that's okay to look at on a beach, it is just mind numbing to me.
Also... sometimes cleavage shows more with our summer clothing than what shows with a baby covering us up.
(June 11, 2017 at 6:35 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: @Chimp: That's pretty much where I stand too. However, this one individual insists that women should have to cover up their child.
That is how debate and cultural evolution happens. If we normalize breast feeding then eventually the dinosaurs will become extinct.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Ninja'd lol
Breasts are highly sexualized in our culture, and it's really weird. We are so afraid of a "wardrobe malfunction" but show graphic footage of people being murdered on primetime as a matter of course.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson