Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 5:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
RE: Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
(July 20, 2017 at 9:11 pm)Dropship Wrote:

drfuzzy quote- The "personal relationship with Jesus" bullshit is equal to a kid who wears his Batman cape to bed .Have your imaginary friend show up in person or fuck off.
Think "mindmeld" mate, simply like JC enough to want to get him in your head and you're home free
..Smile
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

Think "mindmeld" mate, simply like JC enough to want to get him in your head and you're home free..Smile
Yeah, if "mindmeld" was possible, I would choose to do it with someone who actually exists, thanks.

(July 20, 2017 at 9:11 pm)Dropship Wrote:

drfuzzy quote- You're making progress! It's so great that you place Jesus, Klaatu, and Data in the same category - all fictional characters.
Steady on mate, Jesus was almost as big as Elvis and had a huge fan base, that's a lot of eyeballs!
"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)
And he also went on tour-
"Jesus went through all the towns and villages" (Matt 9:35)

IF Juheebus existed at all, sure, he entertained some groups of people.  He's dead now.  So is Elvis.  But if you aren't bat-shit crazy, maybe one of them will walk into my living room.  Please send Elvis.  He's more fun.  I'd "mindmeld" with him if it was a real thing.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(July 21, 2017 at 11:06 am)Dropship Wrote: KevinM1 quote- *decloak*
I can't be the only one who finds the classic guilt trip tactic of "Jesus just wants to be your friend... why don't you want to be friends with him?" equal parts laughable and despicable. It's the kind of thing that works on children and the weak-willed. "You don't want to let this fiction we've presented as an ever present authority figure down, do you?" Fuck off. That kind of shit won't find traction here.
*recloaking*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure I understand what you're getting at mate, are you one o' them philosophers who don't take things at face value and are always trying to find hidden agendas and stuff?
Jesus's offer to us all was simply- "I'm throwing a big party in the sky and you're all invited".
Sounds good to me, I'd be nuts to refuse..Smile 

No you'd be nuts to think it was true. Imagine that, the only purpose you can imagine for a 'higher' being is to host a party. This is what comes of having 'higher' beings thunk up by lower ones.
(July 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(July 21, 2017 at 11:06 am)Dropship Wrote: KevinM1 quote- *decloak*
I can't be the only one who finds the classic guilt trip tactic of "Jesus just wants to be your friend... why don't you want to be friends with him?" equal parts laughable and despicable. It's the kind of thing that works on children and the weak-willed. "You don't want to let this fiction we've presented as an ever present authority figure down, do you?" Fuck off. That kind of shit won't find traction here.
*recloaking*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure I understand what you're getting at mate, are you one o' them philosophers who don't take things at face value and are always trying to find hidden agendas and stuff?
Jesus's offer to us all was simply- "I'm throwing a big party in the sky and you're all invited".
Sounds good to me, I'd be nuts to refuse..Smile 

No you'd be nuts to think it was true.  Imagine that, the only purpose you can imagine for a 'higher' being is to host a party.  This is what comes of having 'higher' beings thunk up by lower ones.

*decloak*

Not to mention that not going to this imaginary party comes with the punishment of eternal torture.

But, yes, it's ridiculous to think that any kind of 'higher' being needs/wants the companionship of its creations in a different plane of existence rather than the one he created them in, and that if they refuse, well, eternal punishment.

The entire god/Jesus/heaven process is so utterly insane and inane, it's amazing that anyone actually falls for it.

And for me, even in just a mundane social sense, I hate parties.  On the rare chance that I'm invited, I tend to decline.  I'd much rather do my own thing, alone.

*recloaking*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Atheists, the anti-party party.
(July 21, 2017 at 11:20 am)Dropship Wrote: ...

Dropship: learn to use to forum quote function _now_
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm)Alex K Wrote: Dropship: learn to use to forum quote function _now_

I'll try mate, and speaking of quotes the one in your sig is wrong, it should read "The fool says there is no God.."
None of my business of course but if you don't correct it people might think atheists make things up as they go along..Wink

(July 21, 2017 at 12:11 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: IF Juheebus existed at all, sure, he entertained some groups of people.  He's dead now.  So is Elvis.  But if you aren't bat-shit crazy, maybe one of them will walk into my living room.  Please send Elvis.  He's more fun.  I'd "mindmeld" with him if it was a real thing.

Steady on, Elvis was caught on street view rocking in England only a few years ago!..Smile

[Image: elv1.gif]

[Image: elv2.gif]

(July 21, 2017 at 12:17 pm)Whateverist Wrote: ..Imagine that, the only purpose you can imagine for a 'higher' being is to host a party..

Jesus said to his mates at the last supper- "The next time I drink wine I'll be drinking it fresh and new with you in my father's kingdom".
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)

(July 21, 2017 at 1:17 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: *decloak*
Not to mention that not going to this imaginary party comes with the punishment of eternal torture..
*recloaking*

It'd be torture standing outside in the cold looking through the window at the fun going on inside!
No sweat, it's easy for us to join the party, Jesus said "Knock and the door will be opened"..Smile
PS- I like your "cloaking/decloaking" routine, other ships do it too-
"God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)
"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above.." (Psalm 68:33-34)
"God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isaiah 19:1)
(July 21, 2017 at 4:03 pm)Dropship Wrote:
(July 21, 2017 at 1:17 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: *decloak*
Not to mention that not going to this imaginary party comes with the punishment of eternal torture..
*recloaking*

It'd be torture standing outside in the cold looking through the window at the fun going on inside!
No sweat, it's easy for us to join the party, Jesus said "Knock and the door will be opened"..Smile
PS- I like your "cloaking/decloaking" routine, other ships do it too-
"God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)
"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above.." (Psalm 68:33-34)
"God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isaiah 19:1)

*decloak*

I'll keep the door closed, thanks. I have no need for your Jesus, nor any god for that matter. And, again, I hate parties.

*recloaking*
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
What are the images supposed to mean?

Just curious. Mind my avatar for clarity.
(July 21, 2017 at 11:20 am)Dropship Wrote: Speaking of nuts, as a kid I overheard my dad say to my mam about me - "He's nutty! No don't laugh, I really do mean it, he wastes all his pocket money on silly plastic model aeroplanes then hangs 'em on string from his bedroom ceiling in full view of the street, I dread to think what the neighbours are saying about him. when's he going to start saving his money instead?"
I got my own back though, I filled his radio with sand from a builders yard down the road and rofl'd when he tried to tune in the Clay-Liston fight but all he got were electrical crackles and splutters. Hehe Smile
Then the sand began pouring out in torrents like an Indiana Jones temple and he freaked, "I don't believe it!" he yelled, "its full of bleddy sand, how the hell did that get in there?" Needless to say, I innocently denied all knowledge of it..
He's been dead now 35 years but I wonder what he'd say if he knew I still buy models, I got Amelia Earharts red Lockheed Vega last year and have currently got my eye on a cool B-25 Doolittle Raider down the model shop..Smile

Cool story bro. But then no not really, we watched it on a telly.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Speaking of Jesus and nuts . . .

wondering how His worked. Like a normal sperm count for the era? 100% motile?

Did they have any special properties like totipotency?

Nocturnal emission(s)?

Prostate trouble?

One lower than the other?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1085 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump