Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
RE: Am I nuts? I like Jesus..:)
(July 29, 2017 at 6:33 pm)Dropship Wrote:
(July 29, 2017 at 1:28 pm)Astonished Wrote: ..religion is so convoluted and open to interpretation..

Which religion? Christianity is easy enough to understand-
"And the common people heard Jesus gladly" (Mark 12:37)

Remember, a fool with a Theology diploma is still just a fool..Smile-
Jesus said to the snooty priests- "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)

And the common people heard Jesus gladly" (Mark 12:37)

But realize Jesus was preaching a perfected form of apocalyptic Judaism.  We don't have (and haven't had for millennia) any Christian preachers preaching a perfected form of apocalyptic Judaism.

Might be interesting for a Christian denomination to give that a try and see what happens.

We hear about revivals and back to basics themed crusades and such, maybe this is the form that should be tried ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

oops double post, can't find delete button...................

(July 29, 2017 at 6:51 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(July 29, 2017 at 6:33 pm)Dropship Wrote: Which religion? Christianity is easy enough to understand-
"And the common people heard Jesus gladly" (Mark 12:37)

Remember, a fool with a Theology diploma is still just a fool..Smile-
Jesus said to the snooty priests- "You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)

And the common people heard Jesus gladly" (Mark 12:37)

But realize Jesus was preaching a perfected form of apocalyptic Judaism.  We don't have (and haven't had for millennia) any Christian preachers preaching a perfected form of apocalyptic Judaism.
Might be interesting for a Christian denomination to give that a try and see what happens.
We hear about revivals and back to basics themed crusades and such, maybe this is the form that should be tried ??

I don't know what 'apocalyptic judaism' is mate, all I know is the people quickly cottoned on that-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"Through Jesus we are saved, and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)

What would a Christian denomination have to do to give 'A.J.' a try? (As if I give a rat's ass about organised religion anyway)..Smile
(July 29, 2017 at 6:17 pm)Dropship Wrote: Downbeatplumb quote- I'm thinking of putting him on ignore..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahahaha..Smile

[Image: sticker-ignore_zpscwbkuf4b.jpg~original]
I have seen no debate from you only boring nonsense.

But then you know that, just want to get a response and succeeded, congratulations, by your tiny standards of success you got one, good for you, I bet you came a bit didn't you!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yep,

Jesus' words but not evidence ever they actually came from anybody let alone a supernatural son of god.

Words are words,, not evidence.

Substantiate supernatural causality and the link it to the Abrahamic god.

Quote the Bible all you like, but demonstrate the link to the supernatural. Never been done. Just words.
(July 30, 2017 at 3:49 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(July 17, 2017 at 10:34 am)Dropship Wrote: Am I nuts?  Also can anyone lubricate my moose?

No not nuts. Just a very bored troll.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

So, I take back my previous answer to the OP question; not nuts, just plain drop-dead fucking stupid. See? I changed my mind based on new evidence!
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 30, 2017 at 10:42 pm)Astonished Wrote: So, I take back my previous answer to the OP question; not nuts, just plain drop-dead fucking stupid. See? I changed my mind based on new evidence!

Just to briefly go offtopic mate, why do you call yourself 'Astonished'?
Reminds me when our biology teacher gave us young teenage kids a sex education talk and began with the words- "Now boys, you may have been astonished at what's been happening in your trousers just lately"...Smile
some of us are still being astonished . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 30, 2017 at 3:33 pm)JackRussell Wrote: Yep,
Jesus' words but not evidence ever they actually came from anybody let alone a supernatural son of god.
Words are words,, not evidence.
Substantiate supernatural causality and the link it to the Abrahamic god.
Quote the Bible all you like, but demonstrate the link to the supernatural. Never been done. Just words.

What about Buddha and all the ancient philosophers and wise men, are you saying they never said anything either?
You'll be telling us Elvis never said "Stay offa mah blue suede shoes"  next..Smile
(July 31, 2017 at 12:41 am)vorlon13 Wrote: some of us are still being astonished . . .

That's kind of my attitude about most things theists say on here. On occasions where someone sincerely blows my mind with how fucking outrageously stupid or insane they are, I'll say my catchphrase, "That's, like the name says, astonishing."
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1377 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump