Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightened rants...
RE: Enlightened rants...
(September 23, 2017 at 4:19 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: *smiles*

May God connect us to him, by the means he approves of, and may he guided us by the path he has chosen, and may he show us by the light has brought down, and may he clarify us by the revelation he has revealed, and may he inspire humans to reflect and council one another so that they refute all disputes back to him and to the Messenger he has sent to us and may he make humans fear no one but him till they overcome their enemies, and may he do away with the falsehood and manifest his clear proofs of all his holy books he revealed and may he make us pledge our allegiance to Him through the King he has appointed and make us rely on the leaders he has appointed in his holy book and clear words of his Messenger.

Religion is evil.  
Fantasies about how you are superior because you have an imaginary friend is evil. 
Thinking that you have to educate people about the fantasies that you have about a god that doesn't exist and entities that don't exist is evil, disrespectful, rude and immature.

If your so-called god can create galaxies with a thought, then god has no need of humans to speak for it.  It has no need of holy books.  Yes, it can communicate without your help.
So, clearly, you don't even believe all of this crap you're spewing, because you seem to think the all-powerful all-knowing god needs YOUR help.  What egotism.  What narcissism.
Pure evil.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(September 23, 2017 at 6:38 pm)drfuzzy Wrote:

May God connect us to him, by the means he approves of, and may he guided us by the path he has chosen, and may he show us by the light has brought down, and may he clarify us by the revelation he has revealed, and may he inspire humans to reflect and council one another so that they refute all disputes back to him and to the Messenger he has sent to us and may he make humans fear no one but him till they overcome their enemies, and may he do away with the falsehood and manifest his clear proofs of all his holy books he revealed and may he make us pledge our allegiance to Him through the King he has appointed and make us rely on the leaders he has appointed in his holy book and clear words of his Messenger.

Religion is evil.  
Fantasies about how you are superior because you have an imaginary friend is evil. 
Thinking that you have to educate people about the fantasies that you have about a god that doesn't exist and entities that don't exist is evil, disrespectful, rude and immature.

If your so-called god can create galaxies with a thought, then god has no need of humans to speak for it.  It has no need of holy books.  Yes, it can communicate without your help.
So, clearly, you don't even believe all of this crap you're spewing, because you seem to think the all-powerful all-knowing god needs YOUR help.  What egotism.  What narcissism.
Pure evil.

Religion is not evil.
People are evil. And they produce evil versions of the faiths; in a hellish mutation that reflects their filthy, rotten selves.

The OP doesn't represent Islam. He represents a sect ( that composes 20% only of the total Muslim population; and for good reasons). The mutations humans caused to religion produced to us cults and sects that hate each other, and cause utter destruction in their sick twisted path for dominance.

I would say it has everything to do with the person; because a clean mind would never pick up a sick mutation to be their faith.
If we took the OP and raised him up in a Jewish family, or a Catholic family, probably he would've grown to be a Rabbi or a Priest, not a smiling Shiite.
(September 11, 2017 at 8:59 am)MysticKnight Wrote: True love is but judgment in truth that gives things proper value they are due. It is a true vision of things as they are and giving them their worth by actions. It is not a mere emotion but a connection to the Highest Love (God) and a vision through the channels of his love (chosen families of their respective reminders) by which we are to love all creation, from the pebbles that pray for us when we remember God in their presence, to the Angels who intercede for us, to the family members that support us and are close to us through his names not just physical blood, to friends, to our city, to our country, to the world, and the sanctity of believers must be respected through the sacred trust of love. Religion is but love.

Will post more rants/thoughts....

Please don't. I feel as if anyone foolish enough to read your ramblings will lose brain cells in the process.

(September 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 23, 2017 at 6:38 pm)drfuzzy Wrote: Religion is evil.  

Pure evil.

Religion is not evil.
People are evil. And they produce evil versions of the faiths; in a hellish mutation that reflects their filthy, rotten selves.

The OP doesn't represent Islam. He represents a sect ( that composes 20% only of the total Muslim population; and for good reasons). The mutations humans caused to religion produced to us cults and sects that hate each other, and cause utter destruction in their sick twisted path for dominance.

I would say it has everything to do with the person; because a clean mind would never pick up a sick mutation to be their faith.
If we took the OP and raised him up in a Jewish family, or a Catholic family, probably he would've grown to be a Rabbi or a Priest, not a smiling Shiite.
Related question, What color is a true Scotsman's kilt?
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(September 22, 2017 at 10:23 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(September 22, 2017 at 9:19 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: What's the difference between 'enlightened rants' and 'unsupported assertions'?

To the untrained mind, not much, to one searching for wisdom, a huge difference.

So it's unsupported assertions, all the way down. A trained mind would be able to devise an approach that an untrained mind could easily distinguish from an unenlightened rant or narcissistic self-aggrandizing pseudo-intellectual tripe.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

[Image: 2KkI58m.gif]
(September 23, 2017 at 7:01 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(September 23, 2017 at 6:55 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Religion is not evil.

Do " I "; AtlasS, represent Islam on the other hand?

No, I don't.
Islam is represented by the deity that revealed it. Not under any circumstances, do a person gets the copyright credits like most religious clerics claim to hold the keys to salvation.

Not him, not me, not his 12 Imams, nobody. Allah, and Allah alone holds the key to salvation. In this life, we get to believe in what we think is right, and let God be the judge. The Quran is the message I believe. The 12 Imams are the source he believes. Atheism is the source you advocate and believe.

End of story: there shall be no compulsion in the acceptance of religion.
(September 23, 2017 at 8:05 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 23, 2017 at 7:01 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:

Do " I "; AtlasS, represent Islam on the other hand?

No, I don't.
Islam is represented by the deity that revealed it. Not under any circumstances, do a person gets the copyright credits like most religious clerics claim to hold the keys to salvation.

Not him, not me, not his 12 Imams, nobody. Allah, and Allah alone holds the key to salvation. In this life, we get to believe in what we think is right, and let God be the judge. The Quran is the message I believe. The 12 Imams are the source he believes. Atheism is the source you advocate and believe.

End of story: there shall be no compulsion in the acceptance of religion.

Even if there was, I'm spoken for.
Also, I do not advocate atheism and I have not a clue as to why you would think that. A quick glance at my name will enlighten you to the fact that I am a devout Pastafarian of which I pray daily and go to church on alternating days.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(September 23, 2017 at 6:17 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Observing life leads to believe in the Quran, from my perspective. You have your experiences in life to prove the verses of the book, validating it through and through. Or in other words: the argument from design.

I have life experiences, but they never led me towards the Quran.  They did lead me towards music, and astronomy, and writing.  Don't underestimate the power of culture (both in one's family of origin and the culture of where we grow up) to influence us.
(September 23, 2017 at 2:59 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: There is a dark sinister force that always corrupts religion - and people are too afraid to look at it in its dark evil heart. It is always the case the worst of humans end up being regarded as pure wise leaders to be relied on for religion and the propaganda is such that the truthful are regarded as fabricators and the liars are taken as reliable authorities regarding it. Truth is to be known through reasoning, Quran is to be understood through reflecting over its verses along with the Sunnah that is its explanation, and when you know the truth, then find its people. Don't look for people that are praised to find the truth just because they are praised by the masses - no that should be a serious clue that the magic of the dark forces WANT people to follow that person.

MK, how am I to know the difference? I am a flawed human being with limited intellect and limited wisdom. If God made me, He knows this, obviously. If my intellect, my wisdom and my heart are not up to seeing through this "dark, sinister force", why would HE have created me in the first place? You might say I DO have what I need to see the Truth but that doesn't work either. God is omniscient so He knows exactly what my fate will be - even before He creates me. If my fate is to be fooled by the "dark, sinister force", He will know it. Why create me then?

You seem to think we think we know what God would be like. I can't speak for anyone else but I sure as hell don't think that. I have absolutely no idea what an actual God would be like but I think I have some good idea of what God would NOT be like. God would not be so irrational that even I - limited though I am - can see it. God would not have flaws like anger, pettiness, jealousy - even greater than my own. God would not have made me as I am and put me where I am - knowing that I am fated to Hell - unless He is incompetent, callous or evil.

God would be better than me in every way. But the God you and your holy book (and others and their holy books) tell me of appears to me as a monster. Perhaps I have been fooled but as I said, God would have known this would happen. He created a doomed being.

There is something I think you and other theists don't get: We don't have the presumption to question a real God. We don't believe that God exists. We are questioning YOU and others like you - flawed, limited human beings like ourselves. We question what we are being told by a very dubious source. We might not be any better than you but we employ a method (science) which self-corrects for human limitations. Science is limited but it has a proven track record of being the best tool we've got to discern what might be true, what is probably true and what is CRAP. If we are wrong about that, who is to blame? We are using the brain God supposedly gave us to the best of our abilities to come to this conclusion. Don't bother invoking free-will because it doesn't matter. Even if there is such a thing and we've got it, the omniscient God that supposedly created us KNEW where that would lead us. He can't pass the buck to us.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Meh. MK has embraced a form of Platonism that isn't halfway convincing. He freely admits to being emotionally distressed about what his mind was telling him during his what was it, 2 weeks of atheism. His embracing bullshit religious sentiments is sad, but predictable. Psychologists call it an adjustment disorder, being an abnormal reaction to grief or depression. He's turned himself into a deluded religious whack job because he wasn't humble enough to accept not having all the answers as an atheist. And that ego comes through loud and clear in all his condescension towards those who don't accept "his truths." He's morphed into a complete dick.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rants for the family of Taha and Yaseen. Mystic 124 13162 September 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi