Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 7:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the controversy surrounding #takeaknee
RE: What is the controversy surrounding #takeaknee
So wait Beta's is all but pushing race realism while saying he's not a racist .And cherry picking studies to support said conclusion . Seriously your not fooling anyone Beta.

And what makes it worst is he's not even right about it
http://www.timwise.org/2005/10/flipping-...h-pigeons/
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 29, 2017 at 9:30 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 9:24 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Blacks at 13% of the population, also account for 47% of wrongful convictions, according to a recent report by the National Registry of Exonerations.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politics/b...index.html

What conclusions do you draw from that?

That the cops were just, 'erring on the side of caution,' lol.

Oh, I'm positive he'll ignore/find fault with any additional or accompanying statistics that offer any further insight into his "The Blacks are so gosh darn violent!" premise.

I'm guessing he's 100% committed to his....particular line of thinking.
You can't really draw conclusions, I mean you can but you can't really get to "black are more violent people" from two piece of statistics... Sometimes you see what you want to see..
(September 29, 2017 at 1:20 pm)alpha male Wrote: Brian,

A person is brandishing a gun in public. 

Should the police refrain from acting if that person is living below the poverty level?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOD4Nvt5tw

a large group of armed white people opposing police. They weren't shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRIHNn78dc

"We only shoot black people" says US cop.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 29, 2017 at 8:40 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 7:02 pm)Hammy Wrote: Us Brits are weird. I've never heard ONE British person say 'blacks' but I've heard them say 'black people' repeatedly. I say 'black people'. We don't tend to say 'gays' either but we say 'gay people'. If I were to say 'gays' or 'blacks' I'd probably get called a homophobe or racist unless the person I was talking to was themselves homophobic or racist.

So to anyone who thinks that political correctness has gone mad in America: it's pretty mad over here too.

There are folks here who regard "black/blacks/black people" as antiquated and borderline-racist, to be sure. I don't give a damn, though, mainly because they're non-black PC warriors looking for an edge, any edge, from which they might look down upon others.

My bold.

Well there's a lot of people like that over here. Especially in the north east where I live. I really struggle to make friends here as when someone isn't a massive chav they tend to be a massive snob.
Quote:Brian,

A person is brandishing a gun in public. 

Should the police refrain from acting if that person is living below the poverty level?
Tell that to NRA gun nuts
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The good general lays it down here; it seemed appropriate here:

"If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then get out."

Hear, hear. I have never been so proud of my Air Force.

(September 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: One can be racist with perfectly genteel language is the takeaway from this thread.

Ah yes, I'm the racist who acknowledges white privilege and supports affirmative action.  Rolleyes  Lots of those running about.

The real takeaway is that you guys see racist wherever you want.
(September 30, 2017 at 10:26 am)alpha male Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 7:00 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: One can be racist with perfectly genteel language is the takeaway from this thread.

Ah yes, I'm the racist who acknowledges white privilege and supports affirmative action.  Rolleyes  Lots of those running about.

The real takeaway is that you guys see racist wherever you want.

Mmhmm. If the shoe fits ...

No matter the positions you claim to espouse, your analysis -- and I use that term very loosely here -- of statistics shows a bias in your thinking. It's possible, I suppose, that you're entirely unaware of it ... I suppose.

There's an epidemic of unwitting racists of late, or so I hear.   Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what do you guys think about this controversy surrounding the March for Life? Drich 46 3243 January 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Breaking news: Tiangong-1 landed in Tokyo and surrounding areas I_am_not_mafia 15 2471 April 1, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Another manufactured country controversy Natachan 12 2549 February 5, 2015 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Controversy? What controversy? Brian37 9 2037 January 5, 2015 at 10:55 am
Last Post: Nope