Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlightened rants...
RE: Enlightened rants...
(September 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 26, 2017 at 9:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: Curiosity killed the cat, so say the ancient folk.
Curiosity is not a human trait.

And the curiosity towards space should stem from the observation that it moves relative to us, but moves periodically.

Cats are natural hunters; that's why they are curious. They are derived by interest (like hunger or finding hiding spots), but my question still remains: what drives humans on the other hand, to explore the heavens? what do we have there to care about?

If you choose the attractiveness and beauty of the scene; it asks: why is it so attractive; then?
If you choose evolution, then why did humans didn't grow the same feeling to other scenes? especially these days when we discovered the devastating hostility it has for human visitors.

All of nature is not bound to our laws and doesn't move relative to us.

Quote: And the curiosity towards space should stem from the observation that it moves relative to us, but moves periodically.

Elaborate

Elaborate? It will still end up with "Allah did it."

An space doesn't move periodically, it moves constantly. Relativity of space/time is a point of view thing sure, but everything is constantly moving. 

And for the billionth time, and not just to Muslims, but also to Christians and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus. There is not one religion, that when it cant get away with simply quoting their holy words, they try to debunk science. Then when they cant flat out debunk science, they try to claim science matches their club.
(September 26, 2017 at 9:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: Curiosity killed the cat, so say the ancient folk.

I just want to point out that the phrase has been traced back to playwright Ben Jonson, in his 1599 play "Every Man In His Humour" (Act I, Scene IV):

Quote:Helter skelter, hang sorrow, care'll kill
a Cat, up-tails all, and a Louse for the Hangman.

and later popularised by Shakespeare in "Much Ado About Nothing":

Quote:Though care killed the cat, thou hast mettle enough in thee to kill care.

Care in this sense means worry, as in to care about.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 30, 2017 at 2:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Cats are natural hunters; that's why they are curious. They are derived by interest (like hunger or finding hiding spots), but my question still remains: what drives humans on the other hand, to explore the heavens? what do we have there to care about?

We, too, are natural hunters... and we see birds hunting... and we want to be there with them.
I would say that if you throw a human in the jungle; barehanded, he'll get eaten in no time. But physical features do raise the odds of us being natural hunters, so as topping the food chain. But we can also be vegetarian; or like some modern humans: afraid from blood. You won't find a tiger for example that has a blood phobia.
Quote:I think you'll find that not many people yearn to be in the void of space.
We just find beauty in the shapes, the colors... they appear with patterns that seem non-threatening to us, hence our wish to know more, to find out what those things are... like the cat, we investigate.
What about the sun? It is known to burn humans since the dawn of time -it was even used as a method of torture in ancient Arabia-; still people were so fascinated by it to the degree of worshiping it in some cases.

But I never heard about "lava worship". Even though it's shiny and hot too. And falls from mountains. Which is a high place.
But the sun was "Apollo" to the Greeks.

Quote: Long ago, man looked up. And saw the sun, the moon and the stars.
All these spin around our heads... some stars seem to be fixed on the black background..... others wander around in strange patterns, the wandering stars, or, in Greek, planētes asteres. Hence we had our planets.

All these twirled around the heads of those people of old. Twirled periodically... like the seasons... like the moon... why such periodicity?

I wouldn't say "the periodicity", but I'll defiantly say the conclusion that the stars is the God they always hear about (since they move around; move=alive), and from that point, polytheism became a standard in all heathen religions. Since many stars exist; then God is not one; he's many. I do believe and think that some religious people wanted to see God.

(September 30, 2017 at 3:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
[hide Wrote:AtlasS33 pid='1628927' dateline='1506794666']
Cats are natural hunters; that's why they are curious. They are derived by interest (like hunger or finding hiding spots), but my question still remains: what drives humans on the other hand, to explore the heavens? what do we have there to care about?

If you choose the attractiveness and beauty of the scene; it asks: why is it so attractive; then?
If you choose evolution, then why did humans didn't grow the same feeling to other scenes? especially these days when we discovered the devastating hostility it has for human visitors.

All of nature is not bound to our laws and doesn't move relative to us.

Elaborate
[/hide]

Elaborate? It will still end up with "Allah did it."

An space doesn't move periodically, it moves constantly. Relativity of space/time is a point of view thing sure, but everything is constantly moving. 

And for the billionth time, and not just to Muslims, but also to Christians and Jews and Buddhists and Hindus. There is not one religion, that when it cant get away with simply quoting their holy words, they try to debunk science. Then when they cant flat out debunk science, they try to claim science matches their club.

God and Allah are the same thing exactly; it's just the word being different in English and Arabic; I'm sure you want to punch me in the face now for saying that

I'm finding more similarities between the disgusting actions of many religious people, which lead to the production of so many different religions, when the belief in a God is the key that should glue us around. Surrendering to that one God is where everybody who believes should gather. Science never said that the universe has no maker. Instead, "many scientists" are not yet sure.
(September 30, 2017 at 11:06 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 2:34 pm)pocaracas Wrote: We, too, are natural hunters... and we see birds hunting... and we want to be there with them.
I would say that if you throw a human in the jungle; barehanded, he'll get eaten in no time. But physical features do raise the odds of us being natural hunters, so as topping the food chain. But we can also be vegetarian; or like some modern humans: afraid from blood. You won't find a tiger for example that has a blood phobia.
Quote:I think you'll find that not many people yearn to be in the void of space.
We just find beauty in the shapes, the colors... they appear with patterns that seem non-threatening to us, hence our wish to know more, to find out what those things are... like the cat, we investigate.
What about the sun? It is known to burn humans since the dawn of time -it was even used as a method of torture in ancient Arabia-; still people were so fascinated by it to the degree of worshiping it in some cases.

But I never heard about "lava worship". Even though it's shiny and hot too. And falls from mountains. Which is a high place.
But the sun was "Apollo" to the Greeks.

Quote: Long ago, man looked up. And saw the sun, the moon and the stars.
All these spin around our heads... some stars seem to be fixed on the black background..... others wander around in strange patterns, the wandering stars, or, in Greek, planētes asteres. Hence we had our planets.

All these twirled around the heads of those people of old. Twirled periodically... like the seasons... like the moon... why such periodicity?

I wouldn't say "the periodicity", but I'll defiantly say the conclusion that the stars is the God they always hear about (since they move around; move=alive), and from that point, polytheism became a standard in all heathen religions. Since many stars exist; then God is not one; he's many. I do believe and think that some religious people wanted to see God.

(September 30, 2017 at 3:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Elaborate? It will still end up with "Allah did it."

God and Allah are the same thing exactly; it's just the word being different in English and Arabic; I'm sure you want to punch me in the face now for saying that

I'm finding more similarities between the disgusting actions of many religious people, which lead to the production of so many different religions, when the belief in a God is the key that should glue us around. Surrendering to that one God is where everybody who believes should gather. Science never said that the universe has no maker. Instead, "many scientists" are not yet sure.

The evidence that goes into studying the universe suggests that no such entity is at all necessary. Simple logic proves the concept of any deity beyond a semi-competent but callous deistic creator god is impossible.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Every Surah including Suratal Ikhlas is about the name of God. And the name of God is taught to be a leader among the people, a witness from them, and every human will be called with their leader, witness, and driver. And that leader is a human and only human. And it's a path. And that path is a course of those who guide by the truth and establish by it justice. And they always are split in twelve ways, linking back and related to their rooting founding Captain and the one who took a covenant with people who pledged to listen and obey God regarding them, and emphasized that they are his near kin, his family. And this manifest proof from God who recites people the signs of God, didn't command them ought by that but to worship God sincerely, and established the connection (salah) and give that which purifies (charity) and that being the risen up religion. If there was a means other than the path of God, and if the path of God can be followed by other than light brought down and revealed by God, and the light can be known through other then his books, and if there is a number that is emphasized regarding succession other then Twelve, and the covenant of the mount Mountain, the Green Tree, and Captains and Navigators to justice and truth who see the light as is, if people can find alternative to twelve emphasized on, and that these men are found in other then houses God has permitted to be heightened and is named remembered therein, mainly the chosen families, the likes of the house of Abraham, and that we are to hear revelation from other then those who are meant to be our ears and eyes we rely on in the darkness, but where will we go to other then his door? And how will we know them through other than his scriptures and revelations? And how can we unravel a book of the boundless ocean of knowledge, but with humility that the guardians entrusted to interpret know it better, and know how to teach us and help us understand and reflect. Will we mix with the pure springs from God people claiming to represent them and have their authority with no proof, and mix our clean untainted water with their tainted egos and calls to their tainted idols?
Hehe You said taint!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Not for the taint farted.
(October 7, 2017 at 9:43 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: ...And they always are split in twelve ways...

and if there is a number that is emphasized regarding succession other then Twelve...

...if people can find alternative to twelve emphasized on...

...Will we mix with the pure springs from God people claiming to represent them and have their authority with no proof, and mix our clean untainted water with their tainted egos and calls to their tainted idols?

I see your obsession with "twelve" as a tainted idol.  Obsessing over a number is IMO not healthy.
Then or than? That is the question!
(October 8, 2017 at 3:08 am)pocaracas Wrote: Then or than? That is the question!

Whether 'tis knobblier in the mined to supper the swings and marrows of contagious fortitude, or to make farms against a pee of tribbles and, bye composing, mend them. To dye - two sheep, no more. And buy a sheep to say we lend the headaches and the thousand magical socks that Fletch is hair two. 'Tis a conjuration remotely to be itched, to dye two sheep.

Two sheep - purchase to scream? Eye, there's the scrub. For in that sheep of deaf, what creams may cum when we have shovelled off this motor oil must gift us paws. There's the aspect that makes celebrity of sew lung wife.

Four who wood bare the wisps and corn of thyme, th'appraisers rung, the loud clam's Coventry, the fangs of described loaf, the whore's display, the insulate of orifice, and the patent mallet th'unwordy takes, when he himself could his colitis make with a bear bumpkin? Who wood farmers bare, to gunt and wet under a beery wife, butt that the Dredd of sum ting after deaf, th'undecorated Crunchie from who's bum know treadler reboots, puddles the Whill and makes us rather bare those pills we have, then fry two others that wheee no knot off?

Thuds, confidence dearth make cowboys off us hall. And thuds the naked Hugh of revolution is sticklied haw with the pail cats off fort; and extemporises of grate piss and monument, with this retard there colons tern arise, and Lew's the name of achtung!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rants for the family of Taha and Yaseen. Mystic 124 13160 September 2, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi